Aimspro in Multiple Sclerosis study recruiting

A forum to discuss Aimspro (Goat Serum) as a possible therapy for MS
MSUK
Family Elder

Aimspro in Multiple Sclerosis study recruiting

Post by MSUK »

Via MSRC

A Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo Controlled Study of Aimspro in Multiple Sclerosis

We would like to invite you to take part in a research study. To help you decide if you would like to volunteer please take time to read the following information carefully.

The aim of this trial is to find out if regular Aimspro injections provide a suitable therapy for bladder symptoms in patients suffering from MS.
To date, there have been no successful trials of new treatments in the secondary progressive type of multiple sclerosis (SPMS). We have reason to believe, however, that the administration of a special preparation of goat serum antibodies (Aimspro) to people with SPMS can be beneficial. We have data that suggest that the drug may benefit, particularly the bladder symptoms associated with this condition.

We are conducting this trial at the Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust in Hampstead. We are looking for volunteers with Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis to take part in this trial.

Please check to see if you fulfil ALL of the following criteria:

1. 18 years or older.
2. Have clinically definite SPMS.
3. Be ambulant, walking aids allowed. (you may use a wheelchair some of the time)
4. Urinary frequency of greater than or equal to 8 times per 24-hours
5. Have a record of MRI brain or spinal cord abnormalities consistent with the diagnosis of MS.
6. Have never taken Aimspro before
7. Have had no relapses in the past 6 months
8. Are not planning to become pregnant in the next year
9. Live in London or surrounding areas

If you answered YES to ALL of the questions above, you may be eligible to take part in our trial.

You shall be remunerated for any transport costs you incur while coming in for your visits. Please call Dr. Shozab Khan at 07784493128.

Note: You must fulfil ALL of the above criteria and live in London. Volunteers from areas further away will not be considered. I apologize for any disappointment in advance.
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
Nemotoday
Family Member

Clinical trial still ongoing

Post by Nemotoday »

AIMSPRO in the Treatment of Bladder Dysfunction in Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis

Clinical trial still going:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01228396

Looks like they may be making changes to the protocol.

At least it is moving along
Keep smiling as who knows what good things might be around the corner and if the road snakes a bit keep going.
provpeter

Post by provpeter »

Daval International announced the completion of the treatment period of its randomised, placebo-controlled, double blind Phase II Study, Treating Patients with Bladder Dysfunction with Aimspro in Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS). Standard clinical measures and assessment scores recorded on patients who have MS, as well as novel biomarkers will be used to investigate safety, efficacy and response to treatment.

Daval expects to have the initial results from this trial by the end of the summer of 2011, with secondary and tertiary outcomes (biomarker data) being made available shortly thereafter. The study completion marks more than 10 years of research and development undertaken by Daval with Aimspro.

"Daval is extremely delighted to have completed this very complicated study, which is breaking new boundaries in the quest to find a cure for Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. This study was an important step towards further understanding how much Aimspro could really help people with this disease, for which there is currently no cure or therapy and the results are eagerly awaited" said Professor Syed Haq, MBBS, BSc, PhD, DIC, MCRP(UK) - Chief Scientific Officer at Daval.

About the Study

20 patients participated in this randomised, placebo-controlled, double blind, crossover Phase II trial comparing Aimspro with a placebo. Subjects in both the placebo and treatment groups of the trial were given the treatment by subcutaneous injection twice weekly for 4 weeks. After a 6 week wash-out period they crossed over to receive 4 weeks of Aimspro or placebo. The primary endpoint of the study is the change in average voided volume at weeks 0 to 4 and weeks 10 to 14 respectively. The secondary endpoints of the study are to assess the efficacy of Aimspro as a therapeutic agent for SPMS noting the change in average 24-hour frequency; change in visual acuity and colour vision; change in I-QOL score; change in Kurtzke EDZ assessment; change in MS Impact Scale; change in MS Functional Composite and the change in the MS Walking Scale.

About Aimspro(R)

Aimspro is a subcutaneously delivered peptide/polyclonal "large biologic" technically described as hyperimmune caprine serum raised against an inactivated HIV IIIB viral lysate. Aimspro has demonstrated powerful and well-tolerated anti-inflammatory capabilities. Aimspro exhibits tri-partite functionality by targeting the HPA axis and other pathways and by regulating several key intracellular protein kinases via a highly coordinated mechanism that gives the drug considerable biodiversity and possible application.
Read more about Aimspro - http://www.proventus.org.uk/page11.html
Provpeter
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Aimspro in Multiple Sclerosis study recruiting

Post by NHE »

What is Aimspro?
[color=blue]MSRC[/color] wrote:Aimspro is a subcutaneously delivered peptide/polyclonal "large biologic" technically described as hyperimmune caprine serum raised against an inactivated HIV IIIB viral lysate. Aimspro has demonstrated powerful and well-tolerated anti-inflammatory capabilities. Aimspro exhibits tri-partite functionality by targeting the HPA axis and other pathways and by regulating several key intracellular protein kinases via a highly coordinated mechanism that gives the drug considerable biodiversity and possible application.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I do not have any special in-road into what Aimspro is, except for what I read about 7 years ago, and from my personal trial of it.

Goats have a "special" immune system. For example, they can be infected with live HIV but do not develop A.I.D.S. Now, Daval have somehow extracted a portion of their blood (its a clear liquid kept in dry ice) after they have been infected with some form of HIV (inactivated or something) This process causes the goats immune system to produce "stuff" that Daval extract and purify (and ensure there is no HIV).

You are not "doping" yourself with Goats blood. It is a small (1ml, I think Rebif is under 1ml) clear fluid, injection. It comes in a small vial, and you use a diabetes needle to inject it. Well that's how it worked a few years ago.

As you may of guessed, I had it imported into Australia, and tried it myself. I did not get the amazing results that were being published across the Internet, so only bought the three shots.

I remember when the Aimpso excitement started, as compared to their current aim to improve/lower urinary frequency. I would be interested to see it compared to something simple like steroids or inosine.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

To the best of my limited understanding, Aimspro is a polyclonal antibody (or antibodies) in goat serum raised against inactivated HIV IIIB viral lysate.