Stem Cells

Ideas for things you'd like to see?
ssmme
Family Elder

Stem Cells

Post by ssmme »

I suggest the stem cells topic be broken into specific treatments. HSCT (hematopoietic stem cell transplant) aka bone marrow transplant is a different procedure than having placenta derived mesenchymals injected in the vein or spine. In the states, this procedure (HSCT) is performed at Northwestern University hospital in Chicago under the guidance of Dr. Richard Burt. It isn't a new procedure. It has been around since the 1980's and is FDA approved for blood and nervous system cancers. There is a significant number of ms patients that have completed this procedure. I went to Israel to be treated by Prof. Slavin who pioneered/engineered the procedure and brought it to the states in the 80's. He is the inventor of the BMT aka HSCT procedure. I don't think "stem cells" is an accurate depiction. Please don't lump stem cell injections into the same category as HSCT. This is one of the reasons I don';t frequent this site as often as I used to. It's out of date with current treatments. Please respond to my request.
Marcia
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Stem Cells

Post by NHE »

ssmme wrote:I suggest the stem cells topic be broken into specific treatments. HSCT (hematopoietic stem cell transplant) aka bone marrow transplant is a different procedure than having placenta derived mesenchymals injected in the vein or spine. In the states, this procedure (HSCT) is performed at Northwestern University hospital in Chicago under the guidance of Dr. Richard Burt. It isn't a new procedure. It has been around since the 1980's and is FDA approved for blood and nervous system cancers. There is a significant number of ms patients that have completed this procedure. I went to Israel to be treated by Prof. Slavin who pioneered/engineered the procedure and brought it to the states in the 80's. He is the inventor of the BMT aka HSCT procedure. I don't think "stem cells" is an accurate depiction. Please don't lump stem cell injections into the same category as HSCT. This is one of the reasons I don';t frequent this site as often as I used to. It's out of date with current treatments. Please respond to my request.
Hi Marcia,
Thanks for your suggestion. Do you have a proposal for names of the different subforums that you think should be created? Note that going through the Stem Cells forum which has 659 topics and 2720 posts and splitting them up into different subtopics is a considerable amount of work.

NHE
vesta
Family Elder

Re: Stem Cells

Post by vesta »

ssmme wrote:I suggest the stem cells topic be broken into specific treatments. HSCT (hematopoietic stem cell transplant) aka bone marrow transplant is a different procedure than having placenta derived mesenchymals injected in the vein or spine. In the states, this procedure (HSCT) is performed at Northwestern University hospital in Chicago under the guidance of Dr. Richard Burt. It isn't a new procedure. It has been around since the 1980's and is FDA approved for blood and nervous system cancers. There is a significant number of ms patients that have completed this procedure. I went to Israel to be treated by Prof. Slavin who pioneered/engineered the procedure and brought it to the states in the 80's. He is the inventor of the BMT aka HSCT procedure. I don't think "stem cells" is an accurate depiction. Please don't lump stem cell injections into the same category as HSCT. This is one of the reasons I don';t frequent this site as often as I used to. It's out of date with current treatments. Please respond to my request.
Can you write about your experience, the effectiveness of the treatment in your case? Thanks

Best regards, Vesta

Return to “Suggestions”