Fed up now!!!!!!!!

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
MoJo
Getting to Know You...

Fed up now!!!!!!!!

Post by MoJo »

I am fed up now!! I know i shouldn't really complain as I have had a pretty good few months, as far as symptoms go! I won't go into the copaxone disaster - that's a whole other story!!!!

I have had 3 weeks now of muscle spasms in my legs which have meant going back to using my walking stick!!!!!! This is making my job even harder as I work in a classroom with 5-6 year olds! Also I have been having episodes of the so delightfully named MS Hug - whoever thought up that name had obviously never experienced it! I feel like I am losing my mind as I keep forgetting what I am saying and if someone says something to me I have forgotten what it was in 2 minutes time!!!!

I know I shouldn't complain as there are people far worse of than me, but I guess I am just tired and had enough now!!! This is so not like me that I am angry with myself for even feeling like this!!!! Sorry to whine but I just need to let of steam somewhere!!!! :oops: :evil: :cry:
growing2boys
Family Member

Post by growing2boys »

Hey Mojo,
I'm the mom of a 4yr old & 5yr old. I can't imagine a room full of them during a relapse! YIKES

How about drugs? I was anti-drugs before this major relapse, but now I am a serious addict. Provigil? Legal meth for MS'ers. Clears your mind, gives you this super human alertness. I love it :)
Lyrica? Doesn't do a darn thing for spasms but give you a real nice feeling of generalized happiness. LOL

Good luck to you. I know it sucks & not many people understand. At least everyone on here does!
Sarah
MoJo
Getting to Know You...

Post by MoJo »

Hi Sarah,

I haven't heard of either of those two drugs but I am no stranger to medication! I am on Baclofen, Gabapentin, and my neuro has just added Tegrtol(carbamezapine) to the list! I am also due to start Avonex injections on the 15th April!! Very scared about that!

Thankfully we have 2 weeks easter break in the uk so I only have my own 9 and 13year olds to deal with!!!!

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it right now!

Jo xx
Bam

Can relate

Post by Bam »

I am no longer working now due to disability, but was a teacher with adult mentally ill for 4 years. I was loosing it! besides the physical sxs, I lost concentration, train of thought, blanked out. I finally had to give up my career and became so lost. Didnt know who I was anymore. I have found that I know God has something better in store for me, and that is what I have to hold onto.
Bam

Post by Bam »

:?: Providgal is like meth? wow, I am glad I turned it down, I dont do well with even caffeine! lol. I am on copaxone but am not likeing idea of injecting something into my body, not the needle that bothers me, just the chemical :roll: anyway, tried the neurontin, made me like an alzheimers pt. I wanna know, anyone else can chime in, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH DOCTORS AND PRESCRIBING A GOOD OLE NARCOTIC PAIN MED???? IMEAN, THIS IS HOW I SEE IT. THIS IS A LIFELONG CHRONIC ILLNESS, YES, I MAY GET ADDICTED TO IT, BUT SO WHAT???? AM I SUPPOSED TO SUFFER JUST BECAUSE OF THAT???? MY NEURO DOESNT WANT TO GIVE ME ENOUGH REFILLS TILL MY NEXT APPT, WANTS ME TO CONTACT THEM, THEN I GET LOST IN THE SHUFFLE. ALL I WANT IS SOME SECURITY, ASSUREDNESS THAT IF I AM IN PAIN, I AM GONNA HAVE MY MEDS . NEVER ABUSED THEM YET OR RAN OUT BEFORE MY SCRPT WAS UP. I HAD A SEIZURE LAST WEEK AND NO EEG HAS EVEN BEEN SCHEDULED. I AM PUT OUT WITH THIS DOC I HAVE HAD FOR 4 YEARS NOW, ALL SUDDEN I AM NOT BEING TREATED AS NEEDED. I am sooo tired of explaining or trying to what I can express and remember, to an office full of staff who dont know which end is up. So frustrated and scared.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

vit d3 and magnesium glycinate can take on some forms of pain, mag is also good for muscle spasms.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Daily Life”