$tre$$

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

How's it going JL?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi L, it's going ok. thank you for asking.

i went to the counsellor and laid out all my horror stories and at the end i said ok so to scope, i need to figure out how to deal with the $ stress and how to focus on my long overdue school stuff at the same time (let's be honest, i need help with that regardless of the money stuff lol! - i'm so *over* school).

as for figuring out sustainable work with the authority.. it's hard to build a relationship with an organization that has new HR ppl at the gate every year. the counselor suggested i should go to HR and lay it all out for them.

at least i can still get the odd shift here and there. only had 4 shifts this month at my home park though. i did pick up some very low paying gatehouse shifts starting yesterday, not really my level but at least in the parks. i actually had to be interviewed for that role, incredible.

i have not quite sussed out what the impact on my next paycheque will be, but i'm still in trouble for the upcoming one. i'm expecting about $250.. ugh!

at least i'm a bit calmer now. after blowing up on monday i decided to stop the pointless scouring for new job postings and stop checking the mail twice a day for the EI answer.. it'll come when it comes. i'll worry about what's next when i know the answer. plus the new hours are going to be a small help so it's reassuring that *some* of the decision makers out there are trying to help :S
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

It sounds like things are moving in the right direction, a little, at least. Keep us updated!
Bubba
Family Elder

Post by Bubba »

Will keep you in our prayers JL!
w/m 44
The problem comes with the decision of weighing the unknown with the unknown.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks L thanks bubba :)
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Jimmylegs,

I am so sad to hear about your work situation. As smart as you are will find something. I remember being told I was over qualified for jobs. It is tough, you think they would want someone with experience!

You are in my prayers!

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thank you very much cat. :) it is frustrating isn't it?! and get this, the latest extra hours i got were for working in a few different park gatehouses. now i used to do this a few years back and all i had to do was process visitor transactions. that was at one park. at these other parks, i answer phones, book permits, and deal with human beings in line, AND run the concession store. also with a whole different level of responsibility including keys and alarm codes. all for the same hourly rate. what is going on here???!!
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Crazy is right Jimmy! when we are in the MS situation we need whatever job we can get and work as long as we can. I find that we are workers!! and we want to work.

Hang in there girl!

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks again catfreak :) i keep trying.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hum thought i had a line on something local to augment my lame work sched - turned out yes the business is here in town but they wanted me to travel and it's only part time.. i'm trying to spend ~less~ of my hours per week on the road using fuel - more time earning.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi all just wanted folks to know that i accepted a loan to help me out while things are lean. not a TIMS member but thank you so much everyone who offered.

employment insurance still has not come back with a decision. boo!
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

JL,

I know how unpleasant worrying about money can be (for me, it is debilitating fatigue that is preventing me from working at this point). I hope that things will get better for you very quickly.

FF
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

How have things been going?

Return to “Daily Life”