HAS ANYONE TAKEN TYSABRI WITH POSITIVE RESULTS

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
amitsachdev1

HAS ANYONE TAKEN TYSABRI WITH POSITIVE RESULTS

Post by amitsachdev1 »

I AM BEING PUT ON TYSABRI BUT I AM SCARED OF THE SIDE EFFECTS CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR TYSABRI STORY WITH ME.
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Re: HAS ANYONE TAKEN TYSABRI WITH POSITIVE RESULTS

Post by euphoniaa »

amitsachdev1 wrote:I AM BEING PUT ON TYSABRI BUT I AM SCARED OF THE SIDE EFFECTS CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR TYSABRI STORY WITH ME.
Hello amitsachdev1, and welcome!

There is an entire subforum here at ThisIsMS devoted entirely to Tysabri threads & discussions, so you should definitely check it out. Here's the link to make it easier to find (I hope):
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/tysabri-a ... zumab-f11/

There are also separate subforums on all the other MS meds and treatments. I know it takes some time to figure out how to navigate through the areas here, but there's lots of information and people to help once you do. Make yourself at home! :smile:
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
vbeachy

Post by vbeachy »

Yes, I have taken Tysabri for nearly 6 years and I am JCV positive.

Prior to Tysabri I was using a wheelchair and brain cognition was a severe problem. I am now walking without crutches or a cane and I published a 240-page memoir in 2011.
amitsachdev1

Post by amitsachdev1 »

vbeachy wrote:Yes, I have taken Tysabri for nearly 6 years and I am JCV positive.

Prior to Tysabri I was using a wheelchair and brain cognition was a severe problem. I am now walking without crutches or a cane and I published a 240-page memoir in 2011.
THANKS for your feed back. It really helps
Bender
Family Elder

Post by Bender »

I felt amazing on Tysabri, my sight became clearer immediately (I didn't even realize before that it had blurred at all) I was sharper, I had more energy. I still think it was basically the greatest thing ever.

Unfortunately I developed an allergy to it within 6 months, but from what I understand this is relatively rare, and because you're at the hospital when they do it, and they will be able to test you for the antibody before you next dose, it's not dangerous, just irritating that I cannot stay on it.

Of the drugs I've been on Tysabri was imo the best, I'm hoping someone comes up with something similar that is different enough to trick my immune system.