upcoming challenge! eek!

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

upcoming challenge! eek!

Post by jimmylegs »

okay, well i've slowly built up my walking over the last six months. i still find that my lower back and butt gets tingly when i walk, even for just a few minutes - particularly on paved surfaces. and i don't tend to walk for more than an hour or two at once even when i'm on a nice soft trail. these days, i can climb out of pretty deep ravines without my legs getting draggy.

BUT... next weekend, a challenge. a guided hike ALL DAY on the local 'bibbulmun track'. wish me luck! i went on a walk through a local park yesterday but i think i need to make sure i walk further and faster, every day between now and next sunday, to get practised (and psyched) up!
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

GOOD LUCK AND TRY AND ENJOY IT..HAVE A FUN TIME

CHRIS[/img]
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

hike is done

Post by jimmylegs »

ok. i did it. whew!

'all day' turned out to be not as bad as it sounded. it was 12 km total, 6 out and 6 back, two breaks each way. the middle two hours was hiking up mt cooke, the highest peak in the darling range in west oz, elevation 582m. whew!

i was definitely the slowest and the feet started draggin quite a bit near the top. i had a rest while the others explored the views from around the peak.

noticed a bit of tingly back partway back but it's fine now. i was DONE by the time we got back out (i really didn't do any practicing up as it turned out...) but it was bee yuuu tee full and i learned 5 local trees. not to bad at all!

that's two mountains down since this trip started!!

and my coz says she considers me to have mastered the knack of left-side-of-the-road driving now (managed, for example, not to hit the wipers instead of the turn signal today on drive #5) and will be able to venture out on my own now. yay!
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

congrats. You sound like you are hacving lots of fun. :P
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

ty :)

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks :D my driving was not so hot today though hehehe need more roundabout practice!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

its so comforting to know western australia is so far away. :roll:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

temporary respite

Post by jimmylegs »

oh don't worry cure, i'll be in sydney next month ... but i *really* couldn't say *which days* ... :twisted:
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

ill be sure to stear clear of roundabouts. and pedestrian crossings. and intersections. and ...

Return to “Daily Life”