Those with writing/drawing problems

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
MSyborg
Family Member

Those with writing/drawing problems

Post by MSyborg »

Is it common to lose your ability to write or draw with multiple sclerosis since its possible? If you had that kind of bad luck, how do you deal with it? And what other ways could you write? I'm suddenly new here and I've been having similar symptoms of this disease but haven't had a diagnosis yet. I can't afford it and ms is very tricky to diagnose. I'm 23 years old. It's been two weeks since I started having these issues.

I'll tell you one incident that I caused and this was before all this issues occured. I had my mac on top of my arm for like 20-25 min, then after I moved it away I couldn't feel my hand for about 2-5 minutes.
Last edited by MSyborg on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Those with writing/drawing problems

Post by NHE »

MSyborg wrote:Is it common to lose your ability to write or draw with multiple sclerosis since its possible? If you had that kind of bad luck, how do you deal with it? And what other ways could you write? I'm suddenly new here and I've been having similar symptoms of this disease but haven't had a diagnosis yet. I can't afford it and ms is very tricky to diagnose. I'm 23 years old. It's been two weeks since I started having these issues.
There are many conditions which can produce symptoms similar to MS, e.g., Lyme disease and vitamin B12 deficiency just to name two. Have you seen a doctor yet?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"I can't afford it"

Your situation is not unique. The good news that there are many States that offer medical care for those who cannot afford it. For example, in Florida, you cannot be refused medical care at a hospital regardless of your ability to pay. You need to check your State to see what programs are available to you there and if you cannot find anything to help you find one nearby that can and seek out professional medical assistance.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

MSyborg wrote:...haven't had a diagnosis yet. I can't afford it and ms is very tricky to diagnose. I'm 23 years old. It's been two weeks since I started having these issues.

I'll tell you one incident that I caused and this was before all this issues occured. I had my mac on top of my arm for like 20-25 min, then after I moved it away I couldn't feel my hand for about 2-5 minutes.
Hi, MSyborg.

One of those conditions that NHE referred to is vitamin D deficiency. I suggest you see your GP or family doctor and request the inexpensive ($70) vitamin D blood test called "25-Hydroxy D."

GrassrootsHealth (http://www.grassrootshelp.net) recommends that the serum vitamin D3 be at least 40-60 ng/mL.
MSyborg
Family Member

Post by MSyborg »

ElliotB wrote:"I can't afford it"

Your situation is not unique. The good news that there are many States that offer medical care for those who cannot afford it. For example, in Florida, you cannot be refused medical care at a hospital regardless of your ability to pay. You need to check your State to see what programs are available to you there and if you cannot find anything to help you find one nearby that can and seek out professional medical assistance.

Are you talking about obamacare?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

No, I am not referring to Obamacare. In Florida and many other States, you cannot be refused medical treatment in an emergency room and many States offer assistance for medical services for those who do not have the ability to pay. And of course there is Medicaid if you qualify.
MSyborg
Family Member

Post by MSyborg »

ElliotB wrote:No, I am not referring to Obamacare. In Florida and many other States, you cannot be refused medical treatment in an emergency room and many States offer assistance for medical services for those who do not have the ability to pay. And of course there is Medicaid if you qualify.

I live in missouri.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Medicaid is a federal program.

Here is a link to Social Services in Missouri, they can assist you further:

http://dss.mo.gov/pr_health.htm

If you are unable to make phone calls on your own, get someone to assist you. Don't delay.