Pain

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
mick_b
Family Member

Pain

Post by mick_b »

Just some thinking (and writing) out loud.

My low back hurts bad today, I can’t think straight. It feels like a nail is being driven into it. Nothing has helped much. I guess I’ll cancel some more plans.

I’ve always been able to fair pretty well in chaos. I’ve never experienced anything like this though. It defies reason. I have to find a way to co-exist with this thing called ms. It’s been 6 years and I’m still at odds with it. Today it’s winning.

If I could block the pain from my mind I would stand a much better chance of figuring something out.

I don’t know if this makes any sense, but I did say upfront that I’m not thinking straight.

Sorry for the whining, my next post will be positive.

Mick
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

Try ice or heat, streching and massage, Advil or Tylenol, mucle relaxants if you have any, some yoga or meditation even. Pain... you can't let it grow, don't give up, you have to try something.... carolew
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

Try ice or heat, streching and massage, Advil or Tylenol, mucle relaxants if you have any, some yoga or meditation even. Pain... you can't let it grow, don't give up, you have to try something.... carolew
mick_b
Family Member

Ouch

Post by mick_b »

carolew

Thanks for the reply, sounds like you’ve been there. It may be time to look into yoga
This back pain was my earliest symptom of ms, who knew. It certainly has been a learning experience (see I said I would be positive).

Thanks again

Mick
Toyoterry
Family Elder

Post by Toyoterry »

Muscle stiffness and pain are my most common symptoms, I had back pain when I was first dx but now most of my pain is in my upper back, neck and especially my head and jaws. Even powerfully pain killers didn't work. Finally, I asked my dr. if I could try Amitriptilin I have been amazed by how well it has worked. You take a small dose, much smaller than you would take to treat depression. Even with that, I still have bad days, like today. I also take Baclofen for muscle stiffness and Lyrica for neuropathic pain.
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

oh mine is the hip pain i have in my left leg when i am really tired and have walked alot...my left leg takes almost all the weigh on those days...man and does it hurt like heck...aleve and heating pads work for me...that and not moving much for the evening...

chris
mick_b
Family Member

Thank you - All

Post by mick_b »

Thanks for all the replies. It’s great to have new things to try. Its better now but seems to come back with fatigue.

Thanks again for all the help

Mick
jim4030
Getting to Know You...

Post by jim4030 »

For someone who has just been diagnosed with MS is it normal for ehr to feel pain and general fatigue?Is there some ways to help manage the stress-yoga?Is it ok to practise?
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

jim4030 wrote:... general fatigue?
Probably the most common symptom.
jim4030 wrote:... to feel pain ...
You must be careful that every ailment is not ascribed to MS, particularly pain. I think if I had constant or frequent pain then a trip to the local surgery would be my next step.
jim4030 wrote:Is there some ways to help manage the stress-yoga?Is it ok to practise?
Yoga and TaiChi are both reported as beneficial if you can manage them. But any exercise is better than none.
John
I am what I am