new shellfish record!

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

new shellfish record!

Post by jimmylegs »

i finally did it. i am not there with the clam and oyster chowder yet, but i ate clam chowder (at 30% standard clam density) and a single smoked oyster (wrapped in bacon). this 'struggle', associated with the quest for concentrated nutrients via small whole food portions, is occurring almost 4 decades since getting beaten up for not wanting to try shellfish at a restaurant. fwp i know. but be nice to your kids, folks.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
AudRiddle
Getting to Know You...

Re: new shellfish record!

Post by AudRiddle »

Do you do hot sauce? Hot sauce, cracker (now gluten free cracker for me), and oyster. Close your eyes and enjoy! Seriously it's good you just can't think about it. Also for whatever reason I prefer raw oysters or steamed over any other style! :)
I haven't had oysters in a while but I don't think I would like that flavor lingering in a soup....
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks for the tip - other ppl have suggested crackers too but it just sounds even more nasty lol
will have to branch out at the seafood counter :) why couldn't they all be like scallops?? those i can handle.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Boudreaux
Getting to Know You...

Post by Boudreaux »

Crack dem oyster shells open and suck dat muscle out, ain't nothing like some fresh raw oysters potna.

Return to “Daily Life”