ok that was a headache

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Re: ok that was a headache

Post by Zyklon »

jimmylegs wrote:alrighty time for another spin thru the giant magnet. here's hoping my brain looks AMAZING compared to earlier this year ;)
Good luck :YMPRAY:
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thx! i am usually more patient but man i could not wait for that one to be OVER.
and it was only brain. now i have to go back for spine in a couple days yayyyy :?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

jimmylegs wrote:thx! i am usually more patient but man i could not wait for that one to be OVER.
and it was only brain. now i have to go back for spine in a couple days yayyyy :?
Did you have the gadolinium?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no, which i thought was kind of weird. i did last time.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

aaaaaaaaaaand they're sending me back for a scan w enhancement
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

jimmylegs wrote:aaaaaaaaaaand they're sending me back for a scan w enhancement
An MRI tech told me that all forms of gadolinium will dechelate to some extent. The free gadolinium can then stay in your body. In my experience, it can stick around for 10 years or more. I discovered this with a toxic metals urinalysis using the chelation agent dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA). It had been 10 years since my prior MRI with gadolinium, but the DMSA still readily pulled it out.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

good times w gadolinium

Gadolinium deposition and the potential for toxicological sequelae - A literature review of issues surrounding gadolinium-based contrast agents.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30032482
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

jimmylegs wrote:good times w gadolinium

Gadolinium deposition and the potential for toxicological sequelae - A literature review of issues surrounding gadolinium-based contrast agents.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30032482
Free full text at https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com ... /bcp.13718

I'm considering that my next MRI might be Gd free. Or, I could see a naturopath again to get some more DMSA, but that stuff gave me awful constipation last time.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

high dose mag oxide follow-up ;)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

follow up d3, mag and zinc labs done today. if i had been thinking, would've asked for copper too. next time.
YAY i can load the dosette. have been feeling the lack of mag during washout week!

i spent this afternoon at the local cancer centre. was taking a foodie care package to flesh out the local offerings.
i had heard about the juice and cookies on offer in this place's waiting rooms. still, i couldn't believe all the fruit juice, and fruit cups (ie ultra sweet fruit pieces *in* juice) and white rice etc on offer for inpatients. oh and the iceberg lettuce salad. who still does that, seriously.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

just venting some more about cancer. chemo specifically. it's freaking hard to fortify the human body against that shite. i have never seen a magnesium level that low before. even after iv mag it's better, yes, but still circling the drain.
also unused to worrying about protein other than knowing that for my part, as a reformed vegan, i was helped by a high protein protocol in early days post msdx.
now dealing with protein intakes well above the high end of the target range, still coming in below normal in serum. wtf. it's a struggle to make it to 'well enough' to take on the next round! </vent>
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

dragged my ass thru a canyon today. still not back to last year's level of functionality, but the fact i made it through that thing in a standard time frame makes me VERY HAPPY!!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

lil tangentially related black thumbs story.
my shamrock is a trooper. status quo, it puts up with a fair bit of neglect. then it got moved from its usual spot. out of sight, way out of mind.
eventually i wondered about a decrepit, whitened mass of vegetation spotted elsewhere in the house, then realized it was poor shammy.
'needs to be repotted!' 'fresh soil!' went the refrain amongst the greener thumbed than i.
'nonsense', my plant care ethic responded.
treating little shammy's obvious nutrient depletion scenario was no longer a matter for H2O alone.
since its rediscovery, it's been brought back from the edge of oblivion via a therapeutic regimen of waters leftover after steaming or boiling veg.
almost completely recovered now :D go shammy go!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

update re http://www.thisisms.com/forum/daily-lif ... ml#p254930

results were crap. d3 only went up by 40 nmol/l after one megadose meant to achieve 50 and which from personal xp had previously achieved +170 so was keeping it cautious. new level still under 100

did a second d3 megadose, again 50K IU x 10 d (all properly timed and blended with other good stuff of course)
new results are in. this time level went up by 76 nmol/l and is now comfortably close to 150 nmol/l overall (over, but not too far).

go time for maintenance intake. still via teensy drops using up super old psycho liquid, 1,000,000 IU/gm.
local pharmacists horrified (i know from trying to get a replacement syringe for oral dosing), but old drops haven't killed me yet.

Return to “Daily Life”