It's funny

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
robbie
Family Elder

It's funny

Post by robbie »

It's funny I've been cast as someone who has never give a hoot about trying, when diagnosed at 28 for 12 yrs I worked till I dropped. 2 yrs later I had to use a chair, was doing everything I could For me I was already past where I said I would ever let myself get to. Thats when i started smoking and drinking, then it became a wicked circle, the worse i felt the more i wanted to sabotage myself. So here I am ,my fault probably but not from the beginning. My outlook changed through the years.
For what it's worth anyway...
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: It's funny

Post by ElliotB »

We all have our moments. But the important thing is that you are obviously doing a lot better now as reflected in your recent posts (over the past few weeks). Congratulations! Are you doing something different?
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Nothing different EB, i still have good arm strength thats the main thing for me , seems ms works it's way through the body in different ways.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Well, you sound great, keep it up! I know I am not the only one that has noticed the change. Glad you are doing well!
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Not sure what you mean EB, day by day. It was good to read that your brother is doing so well after so long. Time is so critical , how long can you go before the scale tips. Is he still working , walking? That was where the scale tipped for me.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

He still works part time. No walking issues. Travels internationally several times a year. And is very, very active and has more energy than anyone I know. He is not totally symptom free, but his symptoms are very, very minor. Mainly gets a bit tired in the afternoon. But if you looked at him and spent time with him, you would never know he had MS or was ill in any way. He is 55 and has had MS since his 30's.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

That's great he must not even consider ms as a factor in his life 😊 everyone wants that for themselves. Hopefully your ms will take the same course . I've said this before but to me ms is nothing more than a pain in the ass until you can't work anymore, then it starts to get real.
Speaking of pain in the ass my wife says I've got two bed sores starting , I've had to have a nurse come in for others but they were further along. Hard to explain the pain of sitting on a bed pan with sores on you butt.Sucks !
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"he must not even consider ms as a factor in his life"

It is a major factor in his day to day life but like others he has found ways to deal with it BUT he is definitely one of the luckier ones.

"Hopefully your ms will take the same course"

My case is much more aggressive, unfortunately but I find ways to deal with things as best as I can.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Thats all you can do .
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day