What I'd do differently

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
Fern
Family Member

Post by Fern »

I was responding to Brainteaser and his original post with its 6 recommendations.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Thank you!
Bob
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

Hi Fern,

I did respond to your comments of 1 March, last week but for some reason my post was deleted. Arron assures me it was a hardware problem and had nothing to do with the post content. Nonetheless, I was pretty disappointed as I had put some time and effort into my response, and quite frankly I'm not sure I have the energy to go through it all again.

Basically, what I did want to say to you was that the decision as to whether or not an MSer gets married/ has kids etc will always be a personal one. I did say that some of my thoughts were tongue-in-cheek. The key issue I was trying to make was in terms of the broader concept that I regret not making more out of my 15 good years, after being dx with MS, before things really started to go pear-shaped.

You suggest that this is 'doom and gloom' - that's your choice. However I see myself as a reasonably proactive person who by good planning and management is trying to wring the most out of life despite all the crap MS require that we endure. Also, I'm as optimistic as anyone that an MS cure or cures are around the corner - but I don't believe we can just sit back and wait til the 'cavalry' arrives.

Regards & good luck,
Phil.
Fern
Family Member

Post by Fern »

Hi, Phil. Thanks for that clarification. I'm sorry i didn't get to read your original follow-up to my post. I didn't mean to offend you by my 'doom and gloom' comment, and certainly everyone's MS experience is a highly personal one, so i'm in no position to judge. I think we agree on one thing, that we all should go on with our lives and experience everything it has to offer as best we can, in spite of the challenges MS poses. If I'm ever feeling bitter about things, I remind myself of the many other illnesses, traumas and all round bad s*** that happens to others, and then i come round to thinking it's really not so bad.

Return to “Daily Life”