T-Cell Vacine & Tovaxin

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
CureOrBust
Family Elder

T-Cell Vacine & Tovaxin

Post by CureOrBust »

A quick question to get this all started.

Does anyone know the specific differences between Tovaxin & TCV or as found in Dignan list " T-Cell Vaccination (Sheba Medical Center)". It would seem to me that Tovaxin is one companies brand/marketing name for something a number of researches are playing with.

To give another example this site is off a link lyon gave when talking specifically about tovaxin, but clearly it has noithing to do with opexa.
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: T-Cell Vacine & Tovaxin

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

Ok...I am just going to work and did a quick goole search. I have not read this article and I am not sure if it has already been posted but it seems that the Opexa pll(pharmafrontier) do know about the Sheba ppl.
Mathilda Mandel is the Director of Blood bank and transfusion center in Israel and she was/is on the Pharmafrotier's advisory board. So they know of each other and they are connected. I am not sure how thier resarch is different. It just might be live Avonex and Rebief.
Here is the link anyway.
http://www.opexatherapeutics.com/Crysta ... v_2005.pdf
nn
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

Cure & Bob, thanks for that link, the Flemish t-cell vaccination trial is a new one to me. I'll add it to the phase II list. T-cells, t-cells everywhere...
Degerlache
Getting to Know You...

Post by Degerlache »

Hey,

To go into more detail about this, the link between the previous Dr. Willems Institute (but a few years ago the name was changed to Biomed) is Dr. Zangh, currently associated with FarmaFrontiers.

Dr. Zangh (co)developped the T-cell technique in the 90's at this institute before going to the States, were he continued his research. The research is also continued by Biomed, but publications from Biomed about T-cell vaccination are all a bit outdated and seem to indicate only a limited impact of the T-call vaccin of Biomed. I have the impression that with the departure of Dr. Zangh, the drive is out the T-cell research in Biomed.

Biomed continues other MS research and recently got the Belgian press with an article stating they were about to find the real "biomarkers" about MS.

Best Regards,
Degerlache