1 yr post HiCy (2nd round)...Great news!

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
RedPenguins
Family Elder

1 yr post HiCy (2nd round)...Great news!

Post by RedPenguins »

Well, this board is mostly "dead" now...but figured I'd drop a quick update in case anyone ever stops by.

This week marks 1 year since I underwent a second course of HiCy. (first round 7/08, second 5/09). In this past year, I have not had symptoms or relapses.....prior to this, I had relapses every 2-3 months since being diagnosed 28 months ago.

I used Copaxone from June through February. I discontinued Copaxone because I was going to try to get pregnant.

I am happy to report I AM PREGNANT now....due on Thanksgiving - November 25, 2010!

Being that pregnant women are usually free from relapses anyhow, I am expecting the next 7 months to go smoothly. I guess the REAL test for HiCy will be in the first months post partum - as women have REALLY high rates of extreme relapses in the months after giving birth. Of course, I have faith in the HiCy and believe I will not have this happen (though obviously, the risk is still there)....I guess I only time will tell!

I continue to recommend this treatment.... :)

Best of luck to everyone.

~Keri
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Great news Keri!! So pleased for you x
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

congrats on both the pregnancy and the lack of relapses!

Any board on this website is only "dead" because people stop posting here.
Squibbles
Family Member

Post by Squibbles »

Hi Keri

Really pleased for you... :)

Do you know what is happening with trials for Revimmune? It seems that they have stopped?...
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Awesome!!
msgator
Family Elder

Post by msgator »

I nursed both my kids after pregnancy and did not experience the post pregnancy relapse after either delivery. Good luck to you. Make sure you take your vitamin D, a lot of prenatals contain very little and I am becoming more and more convinced that insufficient vitamin d in utero has some influence on MS. Wish I had figured that out before I had my kids, my daughter esp. since she is a May baby.
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

Keri congratulations, having a baby is wonderful. So it took to rounds of treatment for you to see improvements? I'm currently in a clinical trial for campath but I want to keep any further progression at bay. I'm doing okay on Campath. I just had my 2nd dosing a couple of weeks ago and all my ms symptoms are back in unison. Did HiCy do that to you then subside?

Marcia
Marcia

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”