Immunizations?

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
Looking88
Family Member

Immunizations?

Post by Looking88 »

Does a person have to re-take their childhood immunizations after the Revimmune protocol?
criptastic
Getting to Know You...

Post by criptastic »

I did the protocol in November and it was never mentioned. I wouldn't redo if it was recommended. Too many "unknowns" in vaccines.

Good luck!

Crip
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

I am under the impression that since your immune systeme will be set to 'blank', then yes, if you care to, or need to, you would have to have all of your vaccines re-done.
I work in health care, and will not be able to return to work in a hospital without being able to be tested for and hae measurable titers for past vaccinations. Then, I would have to have the ones required for working in a hospital like TB, and Hep c among others.
I would not want to blast my immune system with all of that stuff too quickly, so if the immune ablation results in a return to health, I will likely not go back to working in healthcare.
Then, of course, think about all of the coughs and colds you've had in your lifetime that you are immune to before the ablation...
RedPenguins
Family Elder

Post by RedPenguins »

Yes, there's usually a protocol for redoing your immunizations. I only had some of mine done b/c I got pregnant before I finished. When I'm done breastfeeding, I will have the remainder of my vaccines. :)
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

I found out that I will receive the first of my childhood ones in about a year, I want to be able to be around children in the future! (grandkids)...
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”