Treatment criteria?

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
Brownsfan
Family Member

Treatment criteria?

Post by Brownsfan »

Hello,

I'm a pretty infrequent poster, but avid reader on this forum. This revimmune treatment seems to be very promising to say the least. I was diagnosed in 2005 but had symptoms going back to 2000. Currently asymptomatic with the exception of some tingling in my legs after exercise. Would someone with no disability be allowed into this trial? It would be great to stop progression before any real damage has been done.

ps. Best of luck to Chris. I'll be pulling for you!

Jay
HiCy
Family Member

Post by HiCy »

Jay,

I would say for you to give them a call. If it was me 10 years ago and I knew about this proceedure knowing what I do today about MS I would have done it. Your problem is going to be insurance. You are not going to have much luck from that standpoint. The good thing for you is you know about this and if your MS does progress you can jump on this then. Any damage that you might have could most likely be reversed.

Give them a call. They will be more than happy to be very straight forward with you.

HiCy
rainer
Family Elder

Post by rainer »

My understanding is that this is currently being tested in "refractory" RRMS, meaning for people who have continued to progress rapidly despite previous treatment.

(One might argue that all MS is refractory since all the current treatments are only partially effective....)
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Chris,

You are sooo right. I read this site daily and I'm thinking what you and Lyon are saying. But, you say it so much better than I ever could.