Award for Revimmune

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean
Family Member

Post by Jean »

Thanks Lyon for your answer.

So, that's just a matter of dose. I had understood the "reboot" concept, and I totally agree when you say it's a promising approach. But I couldn't find any reference of dosages which are used with "normal" cyclophosphamide, so I couldn't compare with HDC. It just seemed to me strange that so much "buzz" was made about an already existing treatment.

Well, let's wait and see, or maybe "hope and see". :)
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Bob,

Thanks for that link, some very interesting lunch time reading.

What was interesting from the the paper was that the stem cell replacement with prior chemo treatment doesn't 'wow' with results when put next to HiCy.

In fact the results are very similar. One other thing that became obvious is that with every single treatment in development the message seems to be 'earlier the better' yet the attitude of the establishment seems to be 'wait until you are severely disabled'.

Even Tysabri.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiCy
Family Member

Post by HiCy »

Jamie,

I have to say that your Neuro is pretty uneducated. It is common practive at this point to get patients on a drug as soon as possible. I would get a new Neuro but in actuality you have with Dr. Kerr and Dr. Hammond. I would proceed as soon as possible with the Revimmune and get the test through your primary.

I head down to JH for my six month check up next week. No activity on my MRI last week. We will see what happens this spring since I have not had a spring with no activity in about four years.

I regards to the other questions the dose of Cytoxan is determined by weight. I am not sure of the formula but Dr. Brodsky and company have been at this for along time.

I am not 100% sure why the phase III does not need a placebo. They are trying to prove improvment in disability. (40-60%) This is only going to happen if the disease is stopped. The general MRI will also show no new activity. I will ask Dr. Kerr next week why the control group is not needed.

HiCy
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

HiCy,

Do you have any update after your trip?

We're still awaiting insurance, it's frustrating.

Thanks,

Jamie.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Lyon wrote:I'm wondering how much the talk of a phase III is just "going through the motions" and will never materialize.

As someone mentioned, they're treating large numbers of people off label, covered by health insurance, the results of which are obviously being documented.

I'm not an expert on FDA procedure but in this case, considering the hopelessness of the disease and the effectiveness of the treatment, I think that presenting the FDA with large numbers of favorable enough results, in the end is going to negate the need for a phase III.

If going through a phase III proves to be a necessary formality, it sounds like Accential has already got the wheels in motion. Unless some terrible problem exposed itself along the way, I would expect treatment to proceed as if it were FDA approved and the phase III would be nothing more than obligatory.

Bob

it seems, now, a few months on that this is the case. Off label is the norm, and peoples results are being added to the phase 3.

It seems to be a done deal as long as nothing goes wrong.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Before you leave Jamie, or they may wait till you get home, they will ask you to use the data in th trial coming up. You don't need to let them of course.

As far as I know everyone is letting them so think, when Phase 3 goes if it needs too, they will have a stack of completed paperwork ready to be submitted as completed.

Should speed up the process dramatically.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Actually I was wondering about that, I don't think they have asked.

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”