High blood pressure and revimmune

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
Davis
Getting to Know You...

Re: High blood pressure and revimmune

Post by Davis »

Kyle wrote:I am interested in this treatment possibly, but I do have nigh BP. I am on medication, but my BP seems to spike really easy and I do have a family history of heart problems.

Does anyone here who had this treatment have high bp as well or know if this will be an issue?
Prior to treatment there is a complete battery of tests that must be completed in your home state. Included in the battery was an EKG and an echo of the heart.

When I went for the treatment at Hopkins they stopped all medications.
However, all of my vitals were checked in the hospital many times during the day and night. In the outpatient clinic vitals were checked daily. Upon returning home your primary doctor becomes part of the team.

Davis
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

This could or could not be a issue. I was still allowed to take my Baclofen drugs for spasticity. Not to mention the slough of other drugs I was on as well.

I have also noticed not everyone tolerates the after drugs as well as I did so they will switch up the meds to make sure you have something tolerated so I would imagine there has to be some way to allow you to take those drugs.

I would think if you had Lymphoma they would give it to you w/ HBP. Remember the biggest worry is post infection or disease not the actual treatment so I would think minus a major defect you would be fine.

My guess only
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

This is a question only the JH doctors in conjunction with your heart doctor can answer.