HiCy Check

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
pvns2005
Family Member

HiCy Check

Post by pvns2005 »

Ok all of you people who received HiCy Treatment, lets hear how your doing.

It has been 6 months for me and I am pretty much stable. Just doin my Physical Therapy and Strength Traing. Go for my 6 month MRI, EDSS and MFSC in two weeks. We will see if the lesions have shrunk any.

Happy T-day

Chris S...
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Mel's doing well.

6 months out, doesn't have to go to hopkins for 6 month check, doing MRI and EDSS locally.

2xlesions had shrunk @ 3 months.

No enhancing lesions (down from 4).

bowel, vision, gait problems disappeared - hope they don't come back.

Still has some symptoms (vision mostly) return when extremely tired, stressed or hot.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

oo
Last edited by Lyon on Sun May 08, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

I just had an MRI today and both the MRI guy, my wife and I are all pretty sure we saw a bright lesion my right cerebral cortex under contrast

Wed I have my Appointment with Dr. Kerr. I guess the good news is in March I qualify for Medicare and the hospitalization this time would be covered.

Ugh I tried to HAD MS, but the positive thinking may not have worked.

Either way I definitely got better and will do it again insurance willing.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

oo
Last edited by Lyon on Sun May 08, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Ya I hear ya Bob, but its a new spot and it sure is bright under enhancement.

It is what it is. In March Medicare makes hospitalization free so I will be at the front of the line to get redone.

Maybe my doc in Denver will hop on. I could do it here.

Either way it's worth it.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

oo
Last edited by Lyon on Sun May 08, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

Hang in there Chris!! I still feel that even if revimmune is not the answer something better is right around the corner. You are young and will probably enjoy the benefits of these new treatments. My wife is involved in research at a major university and is VERY hopeful for the future, especially stem cell treatment (not there yet but getting closer).
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Well I showed the docs at JH the pics and I am overnighting the stuff to them today. They didn't freak out yet.

I really don't care. This is the only thing out there that provides a recovery to MS.

I'll go Rd. 2 in March...hell once a year for a year of peace....well worth it. Plus I will maybe keep getting better because my strength is still getting better.

Who knows. Wait to find out tomorrow or Fri. I feel good enough I really don't give a shit lol.
mommasan
Family Elder

Post by mommasan »

I'm so sorry Chris. I just hope you are wrong.

Sandy
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Meh, the MRI report sucks too. Like I said though, I still feel good, and I am still able to work out.

The worst is my disability company seems to think I am flying without wings right now. They dropped my ass last week lol.

So now I need to have all my doctors give a letter stating I am still sick. I may need to have a disability testing done again as well.

The best part was the dispute letter I sent back. I told them that the case worker and the medical staff should be fired for wasting my precious time and their own precious money. The way this will be re-instated and the speed will only make them look totally stupid and will cost them more money than what they make.

By the time I was done with my case worker on the phone I think she felt like a rookie.

I just can't believe because I posted on my website I had a couple of lesions shrinking, they used it as a reason to end my money.

Well, as I told Nicole Wolf at the Standard Insurance ..."Ponderous. Did you do this to get ahead, or was there actually a medical team involved?"

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”