Here goes 'nuthin

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
chrishasms
Family Elder

Here goes 'nuthin

Post by chrishasms »

I am so happy today because as of March 1st my Medicare kicks in. I have just found out that between Medicare, and my UHC health insurance I am 100% covered for PT with unlimited visits.

On March 1st or shortly thereafter I am going to undergo 6 months of intense rehab and exercise as an experiment to see how much I can get back.

The MRI says the disease is gone and healing, so I'm going to blame my lack of recovery on me. In 6 months if I am no better than now...well at least I know I gave it my all.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

That's great Chris. I'm wanting to do the same myself. My wife just got on at one of the local hospitals. The insurance I SSOOOO much better than what I had. Anything you do in the network of Drs and hopitals and clinics they operate is covered 100%. So I can get free MRI's and all that stuff. So I am going to check into PT as well. My problem is I need so much special equipment, like a recumbant exercise bike for ex, and I just don't have the room, or the money, to put an "MS gym" together. You posting this gave me the idea to check into this, so thanks dude!
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Chris, good luck with the exercise.

I started a strength training program in October - the positives are slow, but I am gaining on it. I finally am able to push 20# on the hamstring curl - can't do it for more than 5 curls at a time , but I am satisfied with the progress. My walking gait has improved, but I still use the WalkAide.

Do not get discouraged - it is slow. I do a Pilates workout twice a week and strength training twice a week - I thought I would have faster results.

Sharon
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

That slowness is the hardest part for me to adjust to since I used to work out so hard before I had MS and during my 'first trimester'. I need to get over that though. I've been saying it for about two years now and I just need to bite the bullet and get up and do it.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Good to have you back Chris.

The fight is back.

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”