IPOP/HIPOP Post-chemo update

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
RedPenguins
Family Elder

IPOP/HIPOP Post-chemo update

Post by RedPenguins »

So, just an update.

I went to IPOP on Monday and Tuesday. My counts were still good (white counts and neuts in the 5000 range). Had off on Wednesday. Went in today (Thursday) and my counts are in the 2200 range. Everything else looks good. They removed the two little stitches.

I'm off from IPOP tomorrow (Friday)....and if on Saturday my counts are good (meaning I don't need any transfusions or anything), I will again be off on Sunday. On Monday I start the growth factor and so no more days off.

They were going to start the growth factor on Saturday, as per protocol (start on a certain day post chemo)...but I asked that be changed to be done when my numbers actually hit zero - as last time, I didn't hit zero. Now, none of us can say that that is why I reactivated and needed a redose.......but.....since I'm here doing it again - and it's not part of a trial, why not alter it. Maybe Dr. Brodsky and my NP are just humoring me, but that's okay, I'll take it. Makes sense to me to make sure all the buggers are out of me, ya know?

Everything is going smoothly and no ill effects. Rarely I feel queasy after eating, but not often and nothing major. I can't complain (except for the fact that once again I didn't get sick! ha ha).

My thought is - this time it will get everything!!

I'm preparing to feel weaker and more tired over the next few days as my numbers tank....and that's okay. Though, I wonder how much more tired one could possibly be - I'm zonked all the time! Provigil and Daytrana are having a hard time helping me hold up my head all day. But....the HiCy will kick in soon, I will be bald, but I'll have my energy back I soon I hope!!

Will keep you posted,

~Keri
pvns2005
Family Member

Post by pvns2005 »

Hey Kari,
It was 4 days post HiCy before they gave me the growth factor. I was -0 WBC a week after HiCy. when your numbers bottom out you will be the weakest you ever felt. If you remember I had to be readmited to JH because of the fever and there was no way I was going to make it back and forth to the hospital everyday in the state of health I was in. When your immune system is gone you will know it!!

Stay tough Girly!!

Chris S..
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

I agree with Chris. I would be surprised if you didn't pop a neutropenic fever this time when you come back online. However, once you are online you will start to feel better!

Good Job GF