Do you have balance problems? If yes please read

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms
balanceresearcher

Do you have balance problems? If yes please read

Post by balanceresearcher »

Hello everyone,
We are working on a device that will help people with balance issues avoid falls. This device will be a vest that you can wear under your clothes without anyone noticing and it will push you back to your center when you're about to fall. It will be a replacement for canes and walkers and even wheelchairs if you're strong enough to walk.
Will you be interested in something like this? Do you have any thoughts or ideas that you'd like to share with us? Thanks for your help.
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Re: Do you have balance problems? If yes please read

Post by Filmmaker »

Interesting... I guess if that is possible, everyobe wold be interested not only MS people but also Meniere's, lupus... all those who suffer from diziness...
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Do you have balance problems? If yes please read

Post by NHE »

Filmmaker wrote:Interesting... I guess if that is possible, everyobe wold be interested not only MS people but also Meniere's, lupus... all those who suffer from diziness...
I wonder how a device hanging around the neck can "push you back." In order to literally do this, it must exert a force against something. Does it have little rocket packs to produce a thrust in the desired direction? A more likely scenario is that it senses the body's change in position an emits an alert of some type allowing you to correct the pending off balance situation before a fall occurs. This is just a guess though.

NHE