WalkAide Questions

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms
Ldruce

WalkAide Questions

Post by Ldruce »

I just got my WalkAide to rent for one month before purchasing it. I found this forum to be very useful because I have so many questions. It worked perfectly when I first tried it, but now I am having lots of problems getting it back to that perfection. I've read here that fatigue, swelled legs, change of gait - all those things can mess with how it works. Right now I'm getting good stimulation but my foot is jutting out a bit to the right and I don't feel safe without using my cane.

Also, has anyone used it at the same time as:
1) wearing an AFO brace
2) taking Ampyra
3) wearing a weighted vest

I have all 3 listed above and don't know whether using a combination is counterproductive or not. My orthotist doesn't seem to know.

Thanks for all your feedback and help.
Ldruce

Re: WalkAide Questions

Post by Ldruce »

I use Ampyra and weighted vest, but the weighted vest is not as comfortable when the walkaide is on. I also have never experienced the perfection I did the first day I got it. There are good days and bad days and some awful days. Everything affects it - fatigue, knee locking, etc. I had it recalibrated once which helped. I also have had some defective electrodes. I can't wear it at same time as AFO - it's the same leg! :-D
Ldruce

Re: WalkAide Questions - elsectrodes

Post by Ldruce »

Has anyone else experienced the red electrode losing its stickiness before the black one? I asked Hanger and they didn't know the answer.

Also, has anyone used electrodes other than those from Walkaide (ie cheaper)?