Very Successful Treatment with Rituxan

A board to discuss the anticipated multiple sclerosis treatment Rituxan.
Potts

Very Successful Treatment with Rituxan

Post by Potts »

I was given my first treatment of Rituxan in January of 2012. Within two days of the first treatment, I had a great elimination of my symptoms. Additionally, I had ABSOLUTELY no reaction during or after to the drug Rituxan. By my third infusion, my body was able to handle the drug in under four hours. I see a doctor out of state, and I was able to immediately get up after each infusion and fly home! I was given Rituxan instead of typical MS drugs and am extremely please with the results. My symptoms have been handled for the last year. I will begin another round of Rituxan in April of 2013.
brianv

Re: Very Successful Treatment with Rituxan

Post by brianv »

Hi Potts - Great news. Tell me a bit more about your MS. How long? What type? And what symptoms did you have that Rituxan eliminated? Thanks.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Potts wrote:I had ABSOLUTELY no reaction during or after to the drug Rituxan. By my third infusion, my body was able to handle the drug in under four hours.
Its great to hear how effective it was for you, but I am a little confused as to how you say you had no reaction, but it was on the third infusion that you were able to "handle" the drug? How were you not able to handle the drug on the first two?
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

By all accounts Rituxan takes at least 2 months to a
ffect progression but I am happy to hear of your good news!
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

And sorry, I didnt identify my position. Have had 2 treatment of Rituxan and am a few months from my third. Have never been worse but was in a major and extended relapse when I started. Havent noticed a bit of relief. Rituxan, for most people has not had major side effects. It has been considered less harmful than many MS therapies.
Lars
Bender
Family Elder

Post by Bender »

I got chills etc... the first week or so and had my energy just flatline, but frankly I'm not sure I blame the rituxan for that. I'm at almost 3 months from my 2nd infusion.