Copaxone and Tattoos

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
Alee

Copaxone and Tattoos

Post by Alee »

So, I know they say not to inject into tattoos. The SS nurse said that this was because they want it to be injected into "healthy" tissue. I don't necessarily consider my tattooed areas to be unhealthy?! Anyone have any experience with this? My entire left arm is tattooed so if this is the case, I am down to just 6 injections sites, and since i don't plan on stopping there with my tattoo collection...eventually, both arms will be full sleeved and who knows where else. I'm just kind of confused and frustrated about this and don't know if I should just use the tattooed arm any way. I mean will it affect the effectiveness or ability to to absorb the meds? Thanks!

XO
Johnnymac
Family Elder

Post by Johnnymac »

My wife doesn't inject in her arms at all, she's rotating 6 sites, 2-stomach, 2-lower back on the side, 2-outer hips. This allows her to skip the painful leg areas and arms so she can wear tank tops/shorts without showing the shot areas to the world.

I'd avoid the tattoo areas if it were me if for no other reason than to avoid the redness and knots of the post injection suckiness
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

sites

Post by THEGREEKFROMTHED »

I use all the recommended injection spots but still I am getting those damn indentations in my leg. That pocket of destruction from this crap. I guess be sure you dont inject near the same spot more than once...
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

I use all the recommended injection spots but still I am getting those damn indentations in my leg. That pocket of destruction from this crap.
Me too. I have over 39 sites and have always always rotated but my legs and butt look like an 80-year olds'. Not good.

I think I'd avoid injecting into tattoos just to avoid messing them up with potential lipoatrophy if it was to form under them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

I have not injected my arms for about 6 years. I just inject the other areas. You can probably just skip your arms, instead of injecting over a tattoo.

Return to “Copaxone”