Bad Bruise

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
kari641

Bad Bruise

Post by kari641 »

Hey all....IM new to this site......very glad to have found it.

I have a question for you all. Have any of you had a bad bruise than peeling of the skin after using copax? My left arm got it bad....looked like someone hit me...than the skin peeled away leaving a red type scar.

The doctor was stumpped...UGH. It has also happen a little on the right arm....Scared to give the shots in the arms now.

Cant do the stomach as I got scar tissue now...and I only have been doing this for 24 months...UGH again....

HELP :cry:
rasnet6
Family Member

Post by rasnet6 »

Hi,

I have had some really nasty bruises from the copaxone, that took ages to go away!! It normally happens when I hit a blood vessel...

The bruises do go and I have slight marks where they once were.. no skin peeling though

R
kari641

Thanks

Post by kari641 »

R-

Yup....me too...thanks for your reply. Maybe I need to put the shot deeper? Who knows.....

Kari :D
Houdini
Family Member

Post by Houdini »

Hi Kari,

I've been on Copaxone for about 14 months. I will ocassionally get a bruise, but I have not experienced, nor have I heard of anyone else experiencing, what you describe. If you haven't done so already, you should contact the Teva Shared Solutions people, who are in a better position than anyone to let you know whether others have had a similar experience and how to avoid it.
odettesmom
Getting to Know You...

bruises

Post by odettesmom »

there is something i use to massage injection site, or other bruises. that is comfrey ointment, available in health food stores. it breaks up bruises sooner than if just left to go away on their own. also, taking injection deeper is helping reduce lumps. linda

Return to “Copaxone”