Thinking About Going Off Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
thisiswater
Family Member

Re: Thinking About Going Off Copaxone

Post by thisiswater »

I'm thinking about starting Copaxone when I have a hx of very very few symptoms. I'm not averse to Western medicine, but in the case of my MS I'm reading The Wahls Protocol and have seen Dr. Terry Wahls' YouTube and other videos. IMO, worth a look before you decide what to do. Also, I take D3, Fish Oil, B12, Tumeric,
and a women's multi, and CoQ10. I hope you find peace in your decision.
MelodyNixon

Post by MelodyNixon »

I have only been on Copaxone for 9 mo. It was fine at first except the bruising and site reactions. No big I can handle that. However about 6mo into it I started getting sick constantly mostly with strep throat. Never positive snob but they call it strep every time. Then I had an irredology reading and was told my body is toxic. My kidneys, my bowels and liver plus I showed high inflammation in skin. So I'm just wandering am I injecting a poison into my body? I mean maybe my body just rejects this much am memo acid? I don't know what to do because I'm JC positive and don't want to try any other mess that keeper dose this. And Copaxone seem to be the less of all evils when it came to mess. Not sure what to do but I am currently on a break from Copaxone. Just to see if I feel better
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

I love Copaxone. Was on it from 2003 - 2013, switched to Tecfidera for ~15 months, back on Copaxone since 2015. Just switched to the 3x per week, which is great. The volume of liquid is the same (concentration just higher).

I've lost about 60 pounds over the last fours years due to Swank diet, so it is harder to find a good spot, but the rotation is easier now that it's only 3x per week.

I don't take time with it. I push it in and get it over with - like ripping a bandaid off.