Reaction to Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
kiki03

Reaction to Copaxone

Post by kiki03 »

Hello everyone i am new to these MS forums. I wanted to share my experience with copaxone and see if anyone else has had any similar expierences. I never had any problems with this medicine until recently and now I'm not quite sure what i should do. the first problem that i encountered was one night after taking my medicine i began to feel this very strange feeling coming from my feet all the way to my head. i felt this tightening in my chest and then slowness in breathe. i got hot and i felt like i could not breathe like i was having a heart attack or something, it was the most bizarre feeling. I started panicking and almost went to the emergency but thank goodness it went away after several minutes. after the first incident it has happened 3 times. i went to the doctor got checked had a mri done spoke with a cop axone representative and everyone seemed to feel that they do not know why i had this reaction but that i should not worry. i don't think that it is a normal reaction, i don't think that you should be feeling this from taking your daily medicine. i also started itching all over after i take my medicine, which i read and once again this is a NORMAL reaction. i just am worried that maybe i should not be on this medicine anymore, that my body is not taking it well anymore, that maybe i am allergic or something. i have been taking my medicine for 3 yrs now and i have never had a problem until almost a year ago and i just find it strange. i wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen to them or if anyone has any advice. I'm thinking of stopping my medicine but I'm scared. I'm scared that i will have a relapse if i do.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Reaction to Copaxone

Post by NHE »

Hi Kiki,
Your reaction to copaxone sounds like what's known as an "Immediate Postinjection Reaction." The search utility is having problems, but you can try this Google search to get more info on others' experiences.

NHE