About to start this medication and kinda scared

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
Daisycat
Family Member

About to start this medication and kinda scared

Post by Daisycat »

I’m about to start this medication this week. I’m kinda terrified of side effects and it making me feel so bad that I’m unable to work. I’ve heard this medication had the least side effects but I’ve also seen some bad things about it. For people on this medication did it disrupt your daily life at all?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: About to start this medication and kinda scared

Post by ElliotB »

Not at all! But experiences vary from person to person.

Here are a couple of tips:

It is important to get the injection depths correct - a little too deep and you could hit muscle which can be a bit painful for a short period of time, to shallow and you can get some swelling. It took me a few months to get all the depths figured out for each injection site - easy to do, but patience is required.

I use the heat pack for 5 minutes and after injection, also ice for 5 minutes - Shared Solutions recommends only 1 minute each but I quickly discovered it was not long enough for me. I have virtually no injection site discomfort by doing this.

I have been on Copaxone since my diagnosis over 4 years ago and have been doing fantastic in every way!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Daisycat
Family Member

Post by Daisycat »

Thank you. Question does it need to be exactly 48 hours apart or Is there a little room to adjust times if needed?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

You should try to take it at around the same time. You may want to ask Shared Solutions to verify.