Copaxone When does the pain end?

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
Quest56
Family Elder

Re: Copaxone When does the pain end?

Post by Quest56 »

I'm going on 15 years now, I've never used the auto-injector, I inject manually and never into the arms, as I am very lean and there isn't enough subq there to avoid hitting the muscle. I find injecting manually gives me the best control for avoiding muscle.

It doesn't sound like copaxone is the right DMD for you. I'd suggest you work with your doctor to select another DMD. There are so many to choose from now, both injected and non-injected.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

The pain stops for the most partwhen you heat and ice properly, and get the injection depth correct (crucial). And of course there are those that do everything 'right' and still have issues and just cannot use Copaxone. Hopefully you are just having injection depth issues. Why not have a nurse come out and evaluate your injection techniques?
aetex
Family Member

Post by aetex »

I had excruciating pain with bruising and lumps that would last nearly three weeks. I had a shared solutions nurse come out for a follow up visit and she recommended that I inject deeper. I am pretty tiny at 115 lbs and 5" 6" tall but I now inject manually at a 90 degree angle and the lumps are completely gone, no more itching or bruising at all and the pain is much less. I decided to stop injecting my thighs because I would bleed every time and get nasty bruises... not worth it.
Anyway- a nurse may really be able to help if you have that service available in your area.