Urgent advise please, Money in advance

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
alby
Family Member

Urgent advise please, Money in advance

Post by alby »

This is really great, just a few days before I leave, I receive this email this morning wanting the money in advance in Euros from the U.S. and to bring a proof of payment with me to the hospital! how great is that?
now I am looking at Western Union, they only send dollars to a bank account and no bank account number was given, can somebody tell me what my options are, please.
Boreas
Family Member

Post by Boreas »

Can't be - ask Erika!
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

Alarm bells are ringing. Where'd the email claim to come from?
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Boreas wrote:Can't be - ask Erika!
Well, I am not sure anymore what is correct.
As you all know, they are changing administration in Poland, which is good but I am really not sure what is right to do.
I am really sorry.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
alby
Family Member

From Poland Marta Cyba, Patient Coordinator, Euromedic Pol

Post by alby »

The email came from Marta Cyba, who also mentioned what Dr. Simka quoted for the price is not valid any more, which is fine, but seems like they have a long way to go to get organized. seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

what a pain!
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

I'd try and pay AFTER the procedure if possible. If not, maybe send an email to Dr Simka asking him to corroborate the request for money up front.
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
alby
Family Member

i am so confused now.

Post by alby »

i don't want to send email to simka because he doesn't have time for this, even if he replies, it would probably be after i am there.
i am thinking this, i'll just go there and use visa in a bank to transfer money to the bank account number that they have not provided yet.
unless banks in katowice DO NOT ACCEPT credit cards, i don't know.

i don't even know where the nearest bank is to qubus.
sunlounger
Family Elder

Post by sunlounger »

Hi alby,

There are 2 bank's a couple of mins walk from Qubus in the shopping arcade next door to hotel.
Yes they accept credit cards no problem.
I know they have increased the prices but to ask for the payment upfront ??
Well maybe this is correct but check first.

Good luck
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

After receiving an email this morning changing the time of my MRV with no mention of my Doppler, I mailed varios addresses asking for clarification of my Doppler dates. I just got this:

Dear Claire,

Since I will be coming back from Canada on Feb 9th, your Doppler examination will be a little leter. You should be in the clinic in Katowice, Rolna street 18 at 2 p.m. I will be at Katowice airport about 1 p.m., so I hope I will be in the clinic on time to perform the examination. Anyway, I hope you could wait a little in a case that my plane will be delayed. Your MRV examination is at 5 p.m., so it is enough time left

Marian Simka

I thought something like this might happen. I'm grateful that he is rushing to see me. I got no reply to my question regarding the 300 euros and so I'm assuming thats all I'm paying for the diagnostics. I'm not taking anymore money than I need - we'll have to see.
alby
Family Member

will keep eveeryone up to date

Post by alby »

i'll try to keep everyone up to date step by step as i go and until i come back, followed by improvement updates, if any, and i decided to pay there, by visa through bank, i don't know, but i'm certain they are not administratively well organized. why pay for something before we are there?
alby
Family Member

Good luck

Post by alby »

good luck Claire, hope he makes it in time, I might see you there too.
wonky1
Family Elder

Post by wonky1 »

Alby
Last week I was presented with the bill after the treatment and I then put my visa in their card machine and paid that way.

They did not ask for payment up front. Sorry to shout :oops:
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

Good luck to you to Alby!

It would be great to see some TIMS people there.

Claire
alby
Family Member

THANKS

Post by alby »

like i said, it's obvious they lack good administrative organization.
Richardk
Family Member

Post by Richardk »

In the end I made a bank transfer, if you do this you will need the bank account but also name and address of the bank to which the funds are going...I did not feel comfortable carrying large amounts of cash, and there seemed to be some question as to use of credit cards...I will be there Feb 10, hope to see you.

Richard