Paging Dr. Zamboni?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

CostumeNational,

I don't think people would have a problem with Chris if his arguements were more persuaaive, but if you read them all back you soon see that they are very bitter.

Now, when I read your post I thought, OK, maybe Zamboni should say something regarding the trials, but when Chris writes it just serves to annoy me.

Anyway, enough time wasted on this post I think. On with the fight I say, and you are right about us all working together and not arguing. Does Chris feel the same??

Claire
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Claire, i am sure he does feel the same way. It would be alien behavior if he didn't you know?
Anyway, how we express ourselves is not important, believe me. Only the meaning matters. We are all together in this. For i wrote a similar post after Buffalo gave us the 55% figure. I came around. Chris will come around too. We can only do that much.

On with the fight i say too. Zamboni didn't start all this just to live it unfinished. The problem is that answers are needed quickly and it seems that waiting is again the way to go... Just have in mind that it is up to Zamboni to not let this fade away, we cannot give the fight with his opponents on our own.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

... it is up to Zamboni to not let this fade away...
I would think that Zamboni has done, and is doing his part. I really doubt that he would let the centre piece of his career fade away. He is working on his end of the deal, no matter what his detractors are saying. It is up to interested parties - namely, we with CCSVI/MS, to drive this on. And those who benefit from Zamboni's Big Idea ought not to fade away either. Many contribute so much to our understanding here, by sharing their experiences and insights.

It is fear that lies behind anger. Perhaps some that tirade are in fact afraid that it is not real, and seek assurance. Chris1967 has not chimed in again, so perhaps his fears have been assuaged. Bitterness signals a lack of responsibility for the self. I have heard people complain that they "had the wrong professors, at the wrong school" - who have never realized how lucky they were to get an education at all, and are only "failures" unto themselves.

I keep reading about how emotional it all is, but I don't get that. I have more hope than I have had for many years, but I am not emotionally invested in it. (I realize nobody asked me, however...) I will be over the moon if liberation has a benefit for me, but I will not be devastated if it does not. What if I have no jugulars? (I know that I do, still...). What if I go to the airport and find out that I am on a no-fly list? What if my cerebral venous angioma explodes from the blood thinners? What if Euromedic gets closed down before I get there? I could go on, but I won't.

I don't need to have Dr. Zamboni or Simka write me a note, they have already produced a lot of reading material. It all makes perfect sense to me. Buffalo numbers? Early results strongly back up what is already published, but there was no venography, nor MRV in that group, as I understand it. The data are a very different animal to Zamboni, et al. It's a different study. Part of the control could be Putnam's dogs for all I care.

If you believe in Zamboni's work, why don't you write him a note of thanks and encouragement? If you don't believe in it, what are you worried about?
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

If you believe in Zamboni's work, why don't you write him a note of thanks and encouragement? If you don't believe in it, what are you worried about?
Hear Hear Johnson!
markus77
Family Elder

Post by markus77 »

DR Z put his research out there for the world to see. maybe Chris1967 should instead of wining, take the initiative and start sending letters out to doctors , newspapers, universities, members of parliment etc like some of us already have.
STAY REAL MY FRIENDS

dx 1989, spms
Chris1967
Family Member

Post by Chris1967 »

Wow, what a reaction. It looks like costumematiomal and patientx are
the only rational people in here.

All I'm saying is I believe that the doctor owed us a
response and it would have been interesting to find out if
there were some people who felt the same way I do. What's more
interesting is the response to my post and how angry and
bitter the glass houses are.
Does anyone find that troublesome?

I don't think it's lofty expectation to expect the doctor who
supposedly cured my disease to respond to the thousands of people following his theory.
Why is it outrageous to expect him to respond to Zivadinov? It’s his very own baby they're releasing numbers regarding? Numbers that contradict his own. You peopel have way too much faith in the medical community and their concern for your well being.

Johnson, excuse me but I have to disagree with you, I am emotionally
involved ya nut and I would guess everyone is emotionally involved.
I'm outraged.

And Loobie please, not all of us are "fixed" and on our "hopeful
journey". Get off high your horse.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies, especially the sensible ones.
Sadly there is no one in here who convinced me that I
should not expect a response from the good Dr. regarding the would-have-been miracle cure.

Also I just wanted to say to Johnson;
If the possibility of your diaper
being changed doesn't get you emotionally involved
there's something wrong with you, personally, it scares me big time. I hope that never happens but if it does, message me, I'd like to know how your "responsibility to self" is holding up.
Slap your therapist.

Chris
TorCan
Getting to Know You...

Post by TorCan »

Chris1967

Your post has been read and also noted, so please stop typing these messages. I understand your point and I also feel the same as you do about this as to where is Zambioni?

But his work is captivating and this could very well change my life and I will find out in March when I go to India and this is my progitive to do so.

A lo of people are very frusterated here and it is a shame.
Chris1967
Family Member

Post by Chris1967 »

Im not sure I understand what a forum is then? I have MS, do I have to share everyones opinion?

Im sorry to learn you are as frustrated with Zambonis silence as I am. I guess we will both hang in there
Last edited by Chris1967 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I am just so happy that MS will be looked at from another angle. The current model has not provided us with enough anwsers.

If CCSVI is not the "Big Idea" that we all hope it is at least vascular scientists might be drawn in to helping us and studying MS and also the connection with iron might actually be acted upon now (thanks to Haacke/Zamboni)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

:roll:

(rolling eyes at a troll)
Last edited by Cece on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

You are so right LR1234- Happy, hopeful days ahead! :D
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

Chris1967 wrote:Im not sure I understand what a forum is then? I have MS, do I have to share everyones opinion?

Im sorry to learn you are as frustrated with Zambonis silence as I am. I guess we will both hang in there
What do you take for your MS, to stop your progression, has it worked? What do you take for everything else? ( bc of the MS if you know what I mean?) :)
Chris1967
Family Member

Post by Chris1967 »

The usual, baclofen, neorontin, clariten (almost weened of those as Ive gained so much weight from them). About four or five others, cant think at the moment. Thankfully wife gets them up three times a day. I did take Copaxone, Avonex, Rebiff, none were effective.
I cannot type anymore...the pain is maddening

To type at lenth is impossible, I have to type a little bit then stop for a good while

like now

Going on ebay right now to purchase dragon naturally speaking, a voice recognition software.

Chris
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

I think there are two possible positions in which Dr. Zamboni could be. Neither of them makes it possible that he comment the buffalo results.

One could be that he has only the amount of information that is published. Then he actually has no results - just a few figures from a press release. It just doesn't make sense for him to share his thoughts until he's got the complete scientific picture, esp. as we and the media as well as his foes weighing every word from him. It would be a disaster if he had to correct himself just because he didn't have the full information. THAT would be unprofessional.

The other one could be that he already has more info than that published. Then he isn't allowed to talk about it in public as well. The danger of mentioning things that aren't to be mentioned yet might be just too big, so he might choose to not talk at all about that. I think he's right doing so.

So perhaps it's not a question of intention but of being able for Dr. Zamboni to response.
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”