Updated my blog

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Loobie
Family Elder

Updated my blog

Post by Loobie »

Well I can't find the original "I updated my blog' thread, so here's another one. Updated.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Love your blog as always !

ozarkcanoer
aliyalex
Family Elder

updated blog

Post by aliyalex »

yes, i read it yesterday. you are awesome. aliyah
coin
Family Member

Post by coin »

the bit about the boots was the best;-))) the rest was very verymuch giving hope ...thank you... and to say it with Dr. S.words. "ciao for now"
Inge67
Family Member

Post by Inge67 »

Thanks for lifting my spirit!

The boots were awesome indeed :)
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Loobie,

Not only did your newest post about your wonderfully “normal” day brighten my personal day, I also got the biggest chuckle out of your morning ensemble, lol. Do we see a new fashion trend here?

Lora
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Lew..
Jeff and I had a good talk about your "normal" day while walking the dog yesterday. He sends you his heartfelt congratulations.

I think this is the most wonderful revelation....that regaining some sense of normalcy (whether taking your daughter to soccer or putting on your socks standing up) --this is the gift of returned venous function. It may not cure all the damage, but there is healing going on.

Jeff experiences this every day. His motor functions were never as compromised as yours...but he was unable to do anything without taking a nap every 3 hours. He's now cleaning the garage, humming along (badly) to some music on the headset. We're having a beautiful Palm Sunday, and the naps are long gone. We stayed up past midnight last night, watching movies, laughing. He spends time with our son, is able to work, see friends, participate in life. Yes, that's what "normal" people do everyday. But maybe they don't appreciate it as much.

Jeff's legs still hurt sometimes, and he can still get worn down....but it's nothing like before. Annie Lamott has a great quote- "Normal is just a setting on the washing machine." She's right. None of us are really normal...but being grateful for the simple blessings is the best. And it made us so happy to read about you enjoying these simple gifts.
love,
J and J
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Lou,

I love hearing these stories from you. We all need to stop and enjoy the simple things that make us feel "normal" and hope that others do not take their health for granted.

Joan,

I love that quote.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
elaine
Family Member

Post by elaine »

Lou
i love love loved you latest blog, because that is all i wish for to have a "normal" day with the kids.
best wishes Elaine
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

Your update was really encouraging-- may the improvements continue for you!
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

Awesome!

Woohoo! Get some sun on those out-of-bounds markers!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Lew - Wonderful blog entry. Thanks for sharing that with us. I hope that spring continues to bring you wonderful things! I think it will...

Joan - Bless your heart... I love the "Normal is just a setting on the washing machine." quote!

All of you guys brighten my days.
Beth
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Thanks for the hope. I look forward to a little less pain in my days.

Val
Salvatore24
Family Elder

Post by Salvatore24 »

Great news Loobie, I'll be ecstatic if I feel half as good as you've described :D
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Just updated again today, 4/11/10 - Bumped