Liberation and effect to cold hands/feet?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Did liberation had effect in your cold hand/feet symptom?

Big effect - my hands/feets are much warmer after procedure.
55%
Little but noticeble effect
9%
No effect on cold symptom, feel same as before procedure
27%
No effect, cause hands/feet were normal warm even before procedure.
9%
My warm hands/feet changed cold after procedure.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Ernst
Family Elder

Liberation and effect to cold hands/feet?

Post by Ernst »

I'm still curious about this cold hand/feet symptom in MS or CCSVI. I quess there must be connection cause so many say after liberation that they felt warmer hands or feet. But how many of you liberated felt this "warm effect" after procedure? In finnish forum there was one idea that this cold hand symptom might be more common in women, maybe.. or not?

- Ernst

ps. Is there any scientific data on cold limbs in MS?
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/ ... causes.htm

Interesting list of possible causes of cold feet.
Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) | http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
broomdancer
Family Member

Post by broomdancer »

Hi Tims:
Read a lot recently on the warm feet and hands after Liberation. My husband complains that his feet are burning all the time. I don't know the significance of this. His EDSS is 6 (self-assessed) with PPMS dx in 03. On several lists for the treatment. Does anyone else have this symptom?
Regards Diana
Maestro
Family Member

Post by Maestro »

Yes my hands and feet are warmer after the procedure - the next day!
one of the problems I never said to my neuro, as well as neck pain. well it wasn't a neurological MS thing? I said about my back pain but his response was that it was because of my posture... He was wrong! All three problems were gone after the procedure...
V.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

broomdancer wrote:My husband complains that his feet are burning all the time.
Burning as in hot or burning as in pain? Burning-pain is caused by nerve damage, I think, and there are some drugs that can help it.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
broomdancer
Family Member

Post by broomdancer »

Hi Cece:
Nice to meet you. His feet burn hot, not painful and very rough, dry and scaly skin along the rim and soles of his heels.
Regards Diana
Pepe
Family Elder

Post by Pepe »

Hi,

Maria's hands and feet are warmer after the procedure. No doubts at all about it! She felt this the next day.

Regards,
Pepe.
María was Dx RRMS 1996. SPMS since 2003; Dx CCSVI by Dr. Simka on Dec.-2009; Balloon angioplasty on Jan.-2010 in Katowice (Poland); Betaseron (2000-2009); Tysabri since June 2009. BBD since 2003. IBT since Jan.-2010.
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

Definate improvements for me!
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Broomdancer,

My husband's feet feel (to him) like they are burning or other times they feel ice cold. They are also very rough, dry and scaly.

Maestro,

My husband also has neck and shoulder pain and for the past twelve years he has had back pain that is in one area of his back. We have been to numerous pain clinics and neurosurgeons for his back and he has only found minimual pain relief.