Mags is off to Poland!!!!!!!!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
mags4short
Family Elder

Mags is off to Poland!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mags4short »

Well I have just about got packed, need to eat and then get to bed very early for an early start in the morning.

We have to leave the house at 4am so will not be posting here until after we arrive in Poland.

Looking forward to meeting up with other MSers tomorrow evening, I am hoping that they will be able to ease some of my nerves. If not a rum and coke may do it :)

I just want to thank everyone who has contributed to this site, without them I would not have known where to start. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. No matter what the outcome is, it has given me hope and something to keep me focused on for the past 6 months or so.

Mags x
Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much :)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Wishing you the best of luck & do keep us posted!!
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Good luck Mags! We'll be rooting for you!
sunlounger
Family Elder

Post by sunlounger »

fingers crossed Mags :D
please keep us posted
You might find that you’re not lost
mags4short
Family Elder

Post by mags4short »

Whoooooooo we are here!!!!

Day one - (following Esta's example)

The flight arrived 30 minutes early :) We have been here all afternoon, got picked up by Kris from the airport, taken to hotel. No problems what so ever.

Just had a look around the surrounding area, but am tired from the travelling, going off for a nap then hoping to meet up with Esta, Mark and co in the bar later.

Tests tomorrow, have to be at reception for 8am so had better not get carried away in the Sky bar this eve :)

TTFN Mags x.
Squibbles
Family Member

Post by Squibbles »

Good luck Mags!

If I can do it - anyone can!!!
colmmc
Family Member

Post by colmmc »

I love this Site, Its positive story after positive story.It fills you full of hope,
After living without any for so long.Good luck and keep us posted,We need these stories to keep us till our time comes.
fiddler
Family Elder

Good Luck!

Post by fiddler »

Good luck, Mags... bring a book and be prepared for some long waits for the MRV and the procedure itself. Someone said that there were going to be 13 (!) liberated yesterday, but I can't figure out how they'll do that... the 7 liberated in our group made for a long and tiring day, and I'm not sure where they would put the overnight patients. I hope you have a great liberation... it'll make you forget all the hassles of getting there.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

Good luck to you, Mags!
Show us what you got!!
:)
a
Rialynn
Family Member

Post by Rialynn »

We are all thinking of you. I hope you have warm feet and all the rediscovered sensations too.
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Wonderful luck, Mags! :D :D
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
Katie41
Family Elder

Post by Katie41 »

Best wishes, Mags!
mags4short
Family Elder

Post by mags4short »

Thank you :)

We had a great night in Sky bar last night meeting up with some really lovely MSers.

After a few hours sleep we went for breakfast before meeting up at 8am in reception. Then it was off to Euromedics for the eye tests. All went well and we are now getting ready to get picked up again to be taken for the MRVs.

It all seems a little hectic but at the same time is so organised that I am not having time to get stressed... which is good :)

No doubt we will be meeting up again tonight to compare notes before the procedure tomorrow.

I have to say it has all been pretty painless so far.

Until tomorrow then............

Mags x
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

Hi Mags, glad it's not stressing you out too much, hope to see you all in the bar later when I've recharged my batteries after my op yesterday.
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
mags4short
Family Elder

Post by mags4short »

[quote="Mutley"]Hi Mags, glad it's not stressing you out too much, hope to see you all in the bar later when I've recharged my batteries after my op yesterday.[/quote
Looking forward to it Mutley, you can give me a blow by blow account!!

Just back from the MRV, going for dinner now as I haven't eaten since breakfast, but will be in the Sky bar later.

No breakfast tomorrow as there are more tests and procedure.... yikes!

Will update when all is done.

Mags

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”