CCSVI treatment available in the U.S.!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

That's fantastic, Flash! My darling man should be getting his call very soon!
bmk1234
Family Elder

Re: I Have A Date!!

Post by bmk1234 »

FlashHack wrote:Just got the second call. I have been scheduled for July 12th!!

For those who were wondering about how bmk1234 got such an early date (June 16th) I believe it was due to a cancellation.

Now please excuse me while I go cash in my frequent flier miles... :D
Here I thought I was "special". I too will be cashing in frequent flyer miles.

Good luck to all that are scheduled or will be scheduled in the near future. I have had a lot of contact with the clinic - 3 different people and they all seem very professional, polite, etc.

I might also add that Dr. Siskin comes highly recommended, I won't tell you by whom, I believe the words were "he is excellent".

Blaine
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

I'm so excited for everyone who's scheduled! I feel like having a party! lol! But I think Boobear and I should get together and try to keep each other calm because I think we're both about to go crazy waiting to hear something. I feel like I'm in a state of high anxiety and I'm not even the patient. You guys are amazing!

You're all going to have my thoughts and prayers for HUGE success.
SofiaK
Family Member

Post by SofiaK »

I have questions before I move forward. I'm sorry to bother everyone.

Does Dr Siskin treat the azygos vein AND juulars??

Is hospital procedure better vs clinic?

I am soooo thankful for your help.
Confused,
Sofia :?:
MS_mama
Family Elder

Post by MS_mama »

SofiaK wrote:I have questions before I move forward. I'm sorry to bother everyone.

Does Dr Siskin treat the azygos vein AND juulars??

Is hospital procedure better vs clinic?

I am soooo thankful for your help.
Confused,
Sofia :?:

Yes, he treats both. Dr. Mandato (his partner) said that the azygous vein is really receptive to ballooning.

Hospital and clinic are the same, the difference is in cost (hosp being more). Of course also the hospital has facilities if there is an extreme, rare emergency during the procedure but the risk of that is so small that they said that it is equally safe to do it in the surgery center.
dx RRMS Jun. 2009...on Copaxone and LDN and waiting for my turn to be "liberated"<br />
MS_mama
Family Elder

Post by MS_mama »

FlashHack wrote:Just got the second call. I have been scheduled for July 12th!!

For those who were wondering about how bmk1234 got such an early date (June 16th) I believe it was due to a cancellation.

Now please excuse me while I go cash in my frequent flier miles... :D
awesome, Flash... lucky you got those frequent flier miles! Are you scheduled for hospital or surgery center?
dx RRMS Jun. 2009...on Copaxone and LDN and waiting for my turn to be "liberated"<br />
SofiaK
Family Member

Post by SofiaK »

Thanks so much msmama. I'm so anxious for replies. Can't walk. Waiting for help.

Does he use anesthesa?
Must be hard at clinic to do.
FlashHack
Family Elder

Post by FlashHack »

MS_mama wrote:awesome, Flash... lucky you got those frequent flier miles! Are you scheduled for hospital or surgery center?
Don't know and don't care! :wink:

Seriously though, I will let you know when I get my follow-up email which should cover that.
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

Trish317 wrote:I'm so excited for everyone who's scheduled! I feel like having a party! lol! But I think Boobear and I should get together and try to keep each other calm because I think we're both about to go crazy waiting to hear something. I feel like I'm in a state of high anxiety and I'm not even the patient. You guys are amazing!

I keep trying to hang on to the hope that I will get that call. I would be on a plane in a heartbeat!

It's a deal Trish!!!
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

BooBear wrote:
Trish317 wrote:I'm so excited for everyone who's scheduled! I feel like having a party! lol! But I think Boobear and I should get together and try to keep each other calm because I think we're both about to go crazy waiting to hear something. I feel like I'm in a state of high anxiety and I'm not even the patient. You guys are amazing!

I keep trying to hang on to the hope that I will get that call. I would be on a plane in a heartbeat!

It's a deal Trish!!!
You'll get the call soon, BB. When my darling man is scheduled, he'll be flying into Albany from Iowa, and I'll be driving from Rhode Island (about a 4 hour drive) to be with him. I feel very confident that it's going to be sometime this summer. OMG!!!! I'm so excited!! lol!

By the way, my future daughter-in-law is from Chicago. She and my son live in Arizona but their wedding will be in Chicago. She has a big family there. So, I'll be in Chicago sometime next year. They're planning for October, I think.
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

Trish, I m crossing my fingers for all of us!!!

Let me know when you are in Chicago! Would love to meet!

Let me know when you get that call and I promise I will do the same.
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
MS_mama
Family Elder

Post by MS_mama »

SofiaK wrote:Thanks so much msmama. I'm so anxious for replies. Can't walk. Waiting for help.

Does he use anesthesa?
Must be hard at clinic to do.
these type of ambulatory surgery centers can handle all that stuff. As far as I know, they use something local and then sedate you.
Rieja
Family Member

Post by Rieja »

Put my call in this morning. Since I am from the Pittsburgh area.. it's only 7ish hour drive. I think I can handle that :wink:

Now it's all about the waiting game. FYI, when I left a message, the auto attendant said to leave name, number and do not call back. They would contact you within 72 hours. <shrug>

If I get contacted before you BooBear, I will let ya know.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

BooBear wrote:Trish, I m crossing my fingers for all of us!!!

Let me know when you are in Chicago! Would love to meet!

Let me know when you get that call and I promise I will do the same.
I will on both. We'll have a glass of champagne to celebrate! Well, a few glasses of champagne.....getting the call, having the procedure, and my son's wedding! lol!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Rieja wrote:FYI, when I left a message, the auto attendant said to leave name, number and do not call back. They would contact you within 72 hours. <shrug>
That's probably their normal wait time. I'd cut them slack, I can only imagine they are slammed with the high demand for this.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition