CCSVI treatment available in the U.S.!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

Hi Javabean, I guess you and I are in the same boat - newbies. As for me, I am very illiterate concerning the internet and forums, but, I too have been reading the posts and wanted to be a part of it.

My son received the call back on the day following my call to them. However, he did miss one call because he fell asleep. We are still waiting for the 2nd. call which should be from the Dr. himself I understand. We were told that should be within three weeks. We are only in the 1st. week yet. Even so, I am in the process of getting birth certificates and passports seen to so we'll be ready whenever the call comes.

How long has it been since you received the initial call? And may I ask where you live? If it has been more that 3 weeks I suggest making another call leaving a message that you think you missed 2 calls due to time differences. It certainly can't hurt to do so.

Good luck and let me know if you find out anything. And from one newbie to another - WELCOME. :D

Guider
Live to the fullest; Love passionately; Laugh contagiously!
javabean
Family Member

Post by javabean »

Hi Guilder, Thanks for the welcome.

It has been three weeks since the initial call. I may wait a few more days and then call again. I know they're busy but the waiting is hard - as we all know!

Well, I hope your wait is not long, as well. Also, I live in Chicago.

Best to everyone.
javabean
Family Member

Post by javabean »

Quick update. I called NY today because I just can't sleep with my cell phone next to my head one more night. 8O

The receptionist looked into my file and it wasn't dated until May 20th, so she said I should get a call in about a week. She also said they of they can't reach you by phone they try to contact you by email. That has helped me with the anticipation, hope it might help someone else.
tazbo
Family Member

Post by tazbo »

Does anyone know if Dr. Siskin is finding any stenosis in the azygos vein? I am not clear how the catheter venography has been used for the azygos. My concern is mostly selfish as I originally had transverse myelitis and I suspect I might have stenosis in the spine.? Also feedback from patients I might have missed?
LisaAnn
Getting to Know You...

Post by LisaAnn »

Does Dr. Siskin's office have an e-mail address? Can somebody please post it? Thanks Lisa
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

Hi Javabean,

I'm really glad you made the call because it does help with the nerves. I remember how I felt (and he too) when my son missed his first call.

Take care,
Guider
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

Hi Tazbo,

If you go to the very first post on this forum you will find a link for Dr. Siska's clinic. He explains about the procedure etc.

Also there is a forum on this site where Dr. Sclafani (not sure if that's spelled correctly) answers patient's questions. I don't know if that's of any help to you.

Hopefully someone will see your post too and be able to give you the information you want. I didn't realize how little I knew about MS and other related problems until I started reading the posts on these forums.

Keep looking and asking,
Guider
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

Hi LisaAnn,

The site for Dr. Siska's clinic only lists phone numbers under the contact info:

# 518 262 5149 or 518 213 0310

However, anyone that has received their 2nd. call would also receive an e-mail from them I understand. Look back through the posts to see who has received their 2nd. calls / appointments and send them a personal message to see if they are able to help you.

Hope you are successful.
Guider
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Guider wrote:Also there is a forum on this site where Dr. Sclafani (not sure if that's spelled correctly) answers patient's questions.
Yes, you've gotten Dr. Sclafani right, but you got a little creative with Dr. Siskin's name...hybridizing it with Dr. Simka, from Poland, I think. :)

Welcome to the forum!
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

Cece said;
Yes, you've gotten Dr. Sclafani right, but you got a little creative with Dr. Siskin's name...hybridizing it with Dr. Simka, from Poland, I think. Smile

Oh well, as my signature says: Laugh contagiously :D :D

Guider
BadCopy
Family Elder

Post by BadCopy »

Guider wrote:Hi LisaAnn,

The site for Dr. clinic only lists phone numbers under the contact info:

However, anyone that has received their 2nd. call would also receive an e-mail from them I understand. Look back through the posts to see who has received their 2nd. calls / appointments and send them a personal message to see if they are able to help you.

Hope you are successful.
Guider
I know you meen well but I thnk that if DR wanted EVERYONE to have his email it would be on his website. These Drs are doing a lot for us and I think we should respect the process they have set up seeing that if it becomes too much of a pain in the ass for them they can just go back to their day job.. I think we all know how long the wait is currently and it will be greatly magnified if he starts getting emails directly. I think that's why they have it set up the way they do. Call them, they call you back within a few days,Dr calls 1-2 weeks, then the scheduler calls you back after a few weeks. If Dr starts getting hammered by hundreds or more emails a day it is going to take all the longer for him to get to new people.

Don't take it personal. We have seen several DRs stopped for various reasons and we don't need to add to those. Dr seems to have it set up well so lets not scare him off.
Last edited by BadCopy on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FlashHack
Family Elder

Post by FlashHack »

Good copy, BadCopy. :wink:
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

Yes, BadCopy, point well taken.

And FlashHack it's good to see you posting. It was your informative posts that prompted me to call. Have you had your treatment yet?

If yes, I hope it went well.

The more topics/posts I look at I realize how little I know and it scares me even more.

God Bless,
Guider
FlashHack
Family Elder

Post by FlashHack »

July 12th. My Liberation Day. A new holiday for me 8 days after Independence Day. :wink:
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Post by WeWillBeatMS »

Congratulations FlashHack. That's pretty cool that your date is right around Independence Day.

I am still waiting for the call from the doctor. I initially called about a week and a half ago and got the first return call a day or two later.
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>