CCSVI treatment available in the U.S.!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

ppicklee, I sent you a PM.
brave
Family Member

Is Dr. Siskin taking RRMS patients or all types of MS

Post by brave »

Does anyone here (or maybe those whom already been scheduled) know if Dr Siskin taking patients with RRMS or other types of MS as well?

most studies or trials accept RRMS ONLY.

Thanks in advance.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

brave, he is offering treatment that is not part of a trial, so he is accepting people with all forms of MS.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Dave_NC
Getting to Know You...

Post by Dave_NC »

Waiting on my call too! :D

I have to say I am not doing very well with the waiting......
Learning and living everyday to the fullest. dx'd Oct. 2008. On the list for Liberation!
http://www.liberatedave.com http://mylifewms.blogspot.com
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

still waiting

^its hard to wait in NC when we have all of the top medical schools in teh nation sitting around the state not doing a thing.
turbotaguy
Family Member

Post by turbotaguy »

To the folks who have had the liberation treatment in Albany, did insurance cover all of it? If not, what percentage? I am waiting for my call patiently, but am worried about whether or not my insurance will cover it....
Dave_NC
Getting to Know You...

Post by Dave_NC »

turbotaguy wrote:To the folks who have had the liberation treatment in Albany, did insurance cover all of it? If not, what percentage? I am waiting for my call patiently, but am worried about whether or not my insurance will cover it....
I am sure it is dependent on your insurance and varies with everyone.
Learning and living everyday to the fullest. dx'd Oct. 2008. On the list for Liberation!
http://www.liberatedave.com http://mylifewms.blogspot.com
SandyK
Family Elder

Local treatment

Post by SandyK »

Went to The Pink Door fundraiser last night and got the name of a doctor who has done a procedure with great results. PM me for details.
Diagnosed 1994, Self EDSS is 6.5
arber89

Dr Siskin

Post by arber89 »

I called and left a message on the answering machine 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. From reading other posts it sounds like one could actually speak to a person in the office. Is this true and is there another phone number whereby I could speak to an actual person?
msgator
Family Elder

Post by msgator »

I left a message on the machine a week ago tomorrow and haven't heard anything either.
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.
newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

arber89 - I'm sure they are swamped... are you talking about a return phone call from the very first time you contacted them? If not, it's a waiting game :(
bmk1234
Family Elder

Patience

Post by bmk1234 »

If you just called for the first time in the last week or two, be patient, It'll be awhile before you are contact. They do not want to get too far ahead of themselves. I would give them a minimum of a month or so to get back to you.
bmk.
val57gal
Family Member

Liberation Treatment in CA

Post by val57gal »

I had my treatment in California. I don't know anything about IRB approval, but my dr said clearing blocked veins is standard IR treatment, so he had no qualms about doing it.

I had to pay for my MRV, but since it showed a blocked vein we could get insurance authorization for a venogram.

Venogram/IVUS/angioplasty performed by Michael Arata MD of Newport Beach/Costa Mesa, CA. Dr. Arata has given me explicit permission to post his name here.
arber89

Post by arber89 »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It is much appreciated. Yes, it was my first phone call and I have only been able to leave a message. I will be patient. Thanks again.
pklittle
Family Elder

Post by pklittle »

Cece wrote:Yes. When bmk had his treatment (two weeks ago?) Dr. Siskin did from the right, but as of one week ago, Dr. Siskin is now a left-side guy.
Did the doctor tell you this? I am particularly interested, because I must have been one of his last to have it from the right...