CCSVI treatment available in the U.S.!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
SofiaK
Family Member

Post by SofiaK »

aam
Last edited by SofiaK on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brave
Family Member

Post by brave »

Not again........
I was in Dr Dake's calnder for one week after Stanford did shut down the procedures and now scheduled with Dr Siskin for Nov 24, here we go again

I hope that's not the case.
:(
brave
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

this is very upsetting . i can't travel far :(
javabean
Family Member

Post by javabean »

When I spoke with somoeone from the clinic I asked if the procedure was in jeopardy of being stopped, like Dr. Dake's. I don't exactly remember the reasoning/wording, but I do remember being told it wasn't an issue. I believe because it's a private clinic. Like I said, not 100% sure, but I did ask and felt reassured. Hope that helps.
Last edited by javabean on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazydean
Getting to Know You...

FDA with Dr Siskin

Post by lazydean »

I thought the FDA was food and drug.
Gadolinium is the only thing I could that might involve the FDA.

DARN DARN DARN..................I have an appointment in min November!
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

You ALL do realize this doctor works on other things than CCSVI? It could just be he has a meeting that day with the FDA about another thing ... (or the entire hospital could have meetings with the FDA) ...

Methinks you're working yourselves up over nothing ...
zinamaria
Family Elder

az treatment

Post by zinamaria »

Hello all,

Does anyone know any more about the treatment in Az? How many patients have they treated? What is the cost? I will email Heidi but thought to see here first if there is more info available.
Also, there is another post here about the facility in Phoenix, are these the same place?
Anyone know anything about Dr. Michael Lavor?

Help.

zina
SofiaK
Family Member

Post by SofiaK »

2[quote][/quote]
Last edited by SofiaK on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
msgator
Family Elder

Post by msgator »

going for treatment in Rhode Island tomorrow. So far all my interaction has been very positive. Will post more when completed.

Ann
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

SofiaK wrote:...
FDA also governs stents. It's just the stents that I can think of that the FDA might intervene.

I was hit with airline cancellation fees last spring, but was spared hotel fees at least. Hope he reschedules you soon.
Last edited by Cece on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brave
Family Member

Post by brave »

Hi
does anyone knows the follow up schedule for procedures done in Albany?
after how long you should go bback there and how many times?

Thanks,
brave
javabean
Family Member

Post by javabean »

Brave,

This link is from Community Care in the FAQ section. Question 13 talks about follow up.

http://www.communitycare.com/Practices/ ... VI_FAQ.asp
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

Cece wrote:
SofiaK wrote:The ONLY reason that I posted the not-so-good news is that Dr Siskin 's office re-scheduled my appointment at his clinic as he will be going and talking about MS to FDA. I was hoping that others would avoid hotel late cancellation fees.

I really hoped someone might know something more. I'll post when I learn more. Maybe drugs are being made for CCSVI??
FDA also governs stents. It's just the stents that I can think of that the FDA might intervene.
As long as the stents are approved for some use, e.g. cardiac or billiary stents, then how the dr. uses them is generally not an FDA issue. However they may be approving studies and their expert panels may want to know more in order to evluate the studies,
JCB
Family Elder

Post by JCB »

My discharge papers said Doppler at 3, 6 and nine months. I am having my followup locally.
Meg8907

Post by Meg8907 »

Anyone interested in learning more about CCSVI, PLEASE consider attending the Center for Vascular Awareness Roundtable meeting in Albany NY on 11/10/2010.

Dr. Michael Lenihan, Dr. Michael Dake, Dr. E. Mark Haacke, Dr. Manish Mehta, and patients who have received CCSVI treatment will be speaking. FREE TO THE PUBLIC!

This is a very important meeting and will be informative! All are invited, patients, healthcare workers, and anyone who may want to learn more about CCSVI are encouraged to attend!

Please visit www.vaware.org and contact Sharon Cillis at 518-452-1048. Also, if you are interested in attending (or know someone who is) please rsvp at rsvp@vaware.org.

Thanks!!