Essential Health Clinic now offering treatment packages!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Badger
Family Elder

Essential Health Clinic now offering treatment packages!!!

Post by Badger »

http://www.essentialhealthclinic.com/we ... dium=email

Get signed up, if you can and Good Luck. :D :D
<em>Badger
RRMS 2004</em>
Appt Katowice 23/24th March
Asher
Family Elder

Post by Asher »

This is terrific news, however, no Stenting should this prove necessary. If this is the case, what Essential offers is pretty restricted and pricy.
Perky
Family Member

Post by Perky »

While I think it's fantastic that treatment is becoming available in the UK, and that awareness of CCSVI will increase as a result, I am struggling to understand how the EHC's price of £5,500 for the full treatment package can be justified.

I know they're not running a charity and the surgeons are highly skilled and deserve to make a good living - but it still seems excessive. After all, varicose vein treatment (which I imagine is probably comparable in terms of time and expertise with the liberation procedure) costs between £1,500 and £2,000 per leg. That's the sort of price I would say was more reasonable.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

Perky wrote:While I think it's fantastic that treatment is becoming available in the UK, and that awareness of CCSVI will increase as a result, I am struggling to understand how the EHC's price of £5,500 for the full treatment package can be justified.

I know they're not running a charity and the surgeons are highly skilled and deserve to make a good living - but it still seems excessive. After all, varicose vein treatment (which I imagine is probably comparable in terms of time and expertise with the liberation procedure) costs between £1,500 and £2,000 per leg. That's the sort of price I would say was more reasonable.
I suspect its because they know people are desperate to try CCSVI and they want to capitalise on it.
This is not a criticism, in all walks of life someone makes money, look at the recent volcano drama-the hotel we ended up staying in charged us twice as much as they normally would,and trying to get on as a foot passenger from calais to the UK became very expensive very quickly.

Thats' the world we live in sadly
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

the onloy issue i take with this is the wait of 3-5 days here and 3-5 days there - it adds up to a good amount of time.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

rssugg wrote:the onloy issue i take with this is the wait of 3-5 days here and 3-5 days there - it adds up to a good amount of time.
We are waiting for sometime next year for a trip to poland. No confirmation, just 'we'll write to you nearer the time'.
I do wish it was over and done with. The wait is just excruciating to me.
LSITC
Family Member

EHC CCSVI Packages

Post by LSITC »

Hi all

I expressed my concerns about EHC a while back. They are headed by a doctor who, in my opinion, seems to have had a lot of fingers in an awful lot of pies over the years - the only apparent common theme being how much money each pie could earn him. I do not want to sound negative - I would like to have CCSVI as much as anyone else, but I am troubled about EHC. Additionally they do seem to be asking an awful lot of money.

I am willing to listed if anyone call tell me that I am wrong.

:roll:
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

A doctor has expressed concerns to me over what appears to them to be a kind of advertising, as if the clinic were selling perfume....they were not impressed by the humanity of it and were concerned that it might be detrimental to the scientific study of CCSVI over the long term. Not to say that they are saying we should wait, but I guess they feel if people are handling things this way (a money making service), then it will be more fuel for the neurologists...
silverbirch
Family Elder

EHC - no stenting procedure from September

Post by silverbirch »

EHC will not be stenting ,procedures from September
Treatment treated as day case therefor no over night stay.

I asked EHC did we get cd/written paper work that out lines CCSVI findings from EHC screening - they did not know what information paitents would be given. Cost of Screening £450.00.

At this stage two visits required one for screening and another for treatment

Silver
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

We have an appointment for my partner on 12th July and we've paid for the initial scan and tests already. I have to say I was expecting something between £3k to £4k so the price does seem on the high side...but that's capitalism I guess.

I've emailed and asked a few pertinent questions about what is required to be paid and when.

The 3-5 day wait is a nuisance, we're flying up from Surrey so it would make sense to be straight in rather then either hanging about or flying back and forth.

Still, if it works for Emma, £5K is nothing compared to an increase in quality of life.
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

^how far out did they say to expect an appointment?
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

No reply as yet, I only emailed this evening.

As I recieve information I'll update things, they seem to be a little more forthcoming once they understand you're booked and paid.
silverbirch
Family Elder

EHC

Post by silverbirch »

Hi Forum

I did secured an appointment for the 9th July from the first round of bookings paying £450.00 plus ££ for the Vit tests

I asked should they find blockages it would make sense for me to stay on in Scotland for further treatment ?

There were sorry but treatment starts September

A big in convince also I would like to have a CD/paper work on treatment similar to what others are receiving in Poland ... so I can pass onto my GP / Neuro share with the forum so I do hope they sort that bit out.
Badger
Family Elder

:

Post by Badger »

I believe the price for the treatment is relative to what they are charging in Poland and elsewhere, they have paid for the necessary equptment as well as paying for any training to ensure they know what they are looking for.

I do believe, however, that Dr. Gilhooly is looking to make money from this, he will use it to advertise his own products and treatment packages, which I am sure are costly.

At least it is a step in the right direction and I just hope the whole thing is a success!!!
<em>Badger
RRMS 2004</em>
Appt Katowice 23/24th March
Lelo
Family Member

Post by Lelo »

I was told the price in Poland, wich raised a lot in January, starting their new organisation, a big part is EuroMedics insurance costs. The logistic package wich included the best service, all transports guiding and a very nice hotelstay. It saved me aprox. 1500 Euro and a lot of stress so the procedure (one stent IJV) with hospital insurance stayed around 5400 Euro.
I was recommended by a friend who is a MD. "You better go to Poland, because they have experience, you will not find it here for a couple of years". It surprised me to hear this from her, so I did go for it and are very happy for that.