Letter writing campaign for Barb Farrell - VICTORY

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

omg mangio, take that back now!! :)
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

WOW-
Cece, what an incredible miracle you have helped bring about--you, as well as BarbFarrell and her family, and the donator, are in our hearts and prayers...
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

so great to be crying tears of joy!!!! my thoughts and prayers are focused on a successful outcome now. positive thoughts and positive prayers.
BOOP

Barb Farrell receiving treatment outside of Canada.....

Post by BOOP »

This woman has had many surround her in this most frustrating time. WONDERFUL that there are Doctors who have ethics and are willing to treat those in need. Thank you Doctor ?. Your heart is defiantly in the right place. You willing to treat Barb is overwhelming CCSVI sufferers in Canada and I am quite sure across the world. I wish I could thank you personally but I do understand this is a very tricky (I say silly) situation. I understand that Barb will return to the same hospital bed. I truly believe there will be improvements that the hospital staff will see for themselves. The are witnesses to her condition BEFORE and now will be AFTER. There will be changes. How can there not? To have a proper blood flow and circulation would show changes. It makes sense. They will not be able to sweep this under the carpet. If the follow ups are not noted good or bad and we hear nothing, this will prove to me our government is leaning on the side of corruption. I am waiting to see what happens to our efforts to help a fellow CCSVI sufferer.
eveable
Family Member

RVH

Post by eveable »

I hope that RVH looks for changes in Barb and tests her swallowing. I hope and expect that her breathing will be better and probably speech. However if they continue to feed her through the feeding tube, that will not help. They have to test her swallowing ability the same way they test people recovering from Guillian Barre syndrome and find out if she can swallow. She is going to need rehabilitation for swallowing and walking. They cannot just dump her back in that bed and continue to tube feed her.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Mr. Farrell has said that the hospital has been very good to them, so I have to assume they'll do everything they can to wean her off of the feeding tube if she is able to do that. I still can't believe how quickly a solution was found for her. Still smiling.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
BOOP

Post by BOOP »

I was so upset that they went to that length to put a feeding tube in her. And now has to deal with all related to this. Any way she should do fine, us CCSVIers are a strong bunch!! Good luck Barb :)
aliyalex
Family Elder

Post by aliyalex »

best wishes to barb and family. waiting for status and changes.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Waiting and wishing all the best for her too. What a big day.
mangio
Family Elder

Post by mangio »

everyone she is out of or. speaking well and stented and balloned and
has M. Turner syndrome

just enjoyed calling our Ontario Health Minister and giving her
all the details, response,
said the MS Society said it was all too experimental and the MS Society says...
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Good for Barb and thank you to everyone who helped her !

ozarkcanoer
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

THANK YOU MANGIO!!

Ok, I cried yesterday because of the Dr. Sclafani irb rejection, I'm crying today because of this. I think I have to toughen up, this is just the start of however long we are going to be at this until we get ccsvi proved and every MSer treated.

M. Turner syndrome...I know this from DrS's thread but I don't remember...is it the vein to the kidney?
mangio
Family Elder

Post by mangio »

I think so but don't want to say the wrong thing,
Someone higher up must have been watching over them Ont/Quebec
just had an earthquake
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks Trish...so yes there are treatment options for May-Thurner syndrome, including our familiar ballooning and stenting...forgive me for this snarkiness but I must assume that Canada allows veins in *that* area of the body to be ballooned and stented! Just not the neck!