CCSVI and sinus problems

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
jackiejay
Family Elder

CCSVI and sinus problems

Post by jackiejay »

trying to decipher the medical paper.."Venous Collateral Circulation"...is this also a symptom of CCSVI perhaps....sinus congestion every morning...and one step further back...frequent ear infections as a child?.....sorry if this has been posted earlier but can't seem to find an answer....thanks.
sumsum
Family Member

Post by sumsum »

Could you please give the link to this paper? It sounds interesting. At least, as a child I had many, many ear infections...
lumpc1
Family Member

Post by lumpc1 »

many ear infections until recently.
dlb
Family Elder

Post by dlb »

Horrible ear infections as a child. Lots of sinus infections and allergies as an adult and I spent last summer again (from May until August) battling an ear infection that would not leave. This year I have had no problems with sinus or ear infections or allergies. I have been doing IBT and have been wondering if that is what has been helping me???
paulmur
Family Member

Post by paulmur »

I too had a series of bad ear infections when I was a child. Back then the only treatment was sulphur. I hadn't yet learned to swallow pills. I still remember the taste of oatmeal with little bits of sulphur in it.
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

same thing, lots of ear infections as a child. my head was only clear if i took an excedrin with caffine. when i was liberated, my head was clear and wonderful.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am always getting sinus and ear infections on my left side only.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

many ear infections also... but ...

do you mean this paper?
http://www.bentham.org/cnr/openaccessar ... boniII.pdf

i think the term "sinus" has nothing to do with the nose or sinusitis.
instead, its part of the brain deep inside
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

my mistake.......sorry about that....confusing when they use the same term for different areas of the head.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Jackie--I think this is what you meant: Sinusitus [sic] and MS

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-5131.html
Last edited by lyndacarol on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

jackiejay,

You might have misunderstood the terminology but my daughter also suffered from constant ear problems as a child and chest infections. She had an excruciating ear problem last year and still suffers with sinus, chest and allergy problems. Could there be a connection with MS at such an early age?
Drury
naychergirl
Family Member

Post by naychergirl »

I was diagnosed with MS in 2007, and I too have allergies. Had them since I was a kid. I had food allergies when I was a baby. Then I outgrew them and now have environmental allergies. And I've had 3 sinus surgeries to remove nasal polyps. Now you got me thinking!
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

i have always had ear and sinus problems - and it has been constant since MS. I havr a huge problem with atmospheric pressure and brain fog - an odd correlation. On a clear day - or when i go to the coast to stay for a few days, my sinuses problems and brain fog symptoms go away completely - i dont understand it.
naychergirl
Family Member

Post by naychergirl »

Have you seen an ENT yet? That's what I had to do. I think where I used to work was the cause of alot of my nasal issues. I live in South Florida. And after hurricane Wilma, the walls were filled with mold, unbeknonst to me until they started taking off the wall paper. Since my sinus surgery, I've had only one infection. And boy, do I know what you are going through. I had all those symptoms too. I got rid of most of them, except for the damn MS.
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

I did see an ENT but he said that a had a slightly deviated septum and no other structural issues. I have vowed to return!