MS decision disgusts patient's husband

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
erinc14
Family Elder

MS decision disgusts patient's husband

Post by erinc14 »

"My wife is living proof (that the procedure is effective)," Farrell said.

He said Barb can now move her neck, hands, legs and swallow.

"People just don't go from the death bed to being very vibrant," Farrell said. "She's back to being my wife."
http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Articl ... ?e=2691378
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

The Canadian Press (CP) is reporting that McGuinty wants to see more than anecdotal evidence before clinical trials are funded.
Is Mr. McGuinty aware that clinical trials actually are the way we usually obtain "more than anecdotal evidence?" I assume he knows that, so what he really means is he'd like to wait for other provinces to pay for the trials while his people get sicker.
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Premier McGuinty claims reports are "anecdotal." Ontario Health Minister says "scientific evidence" is needed for funding.

How do we get "scientific evidence" without scientific research trials. For that, money is needed.

In next year's election, I will need more than "anecdotal" rhetoric to cast my vote for McGuity, et. al. I require solid "evidence" of leadership.
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

In this article, Barrie MPP Aileen Carroll, who has been lobbying for CCSVI treatment to be available on a fee for service basis (which Dr. McDonald estimates would be around $1500) says the Ontario Ministry of Health has advised as follows: "The decision to allow these procedures--uninsured by OHIP--does not rest with the provincial ministry of health, it rests with individual hospitals throughout the province."

I thought approval was required by Health Canada. I think if it could be offered in a hospital or accredited clinic on a fee for service basis, Dr. McDonald in Barrie and False Creek Health Care in Vancouver would have been doing the procedure for months. They are both strong proponents and are anxious to begin treating people.

Does anyone know if the information from Aileen Carroll is accurate or is it another way of passing the buck and diverting our energies and attention?
Onthelake
Family Member

Post by Onthelake »

I believe it was RVH that stopped Dr. MacDonald from treating Barb...not OHIP$
Onthelake

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.  Stephen L.
nicknewf
Family Member

Post by nicknewf »

It was my understanding that the rcpsc stopped him - threatened with sanction. But this is purr conjecture.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”