Dr. Zamboni & CCSVI neck vein massage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
GuRu
Family Elder

Dr. Zamboni & CCSVI neck vein massage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by GuRu »

Hi TiMS,

I found this Video on youtube, I think it may help lot of peoples. I am also doing Neck massage from last three months, IT WORKS. I am sure if you have problem with your jugalaris vein It will be help you, Just try... In three months I didn´t find any side effects, Just better health.

Last edited by GuRu on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We must learn our limits. We are all something, but none of us are everything.
GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
ConstableComfortable
Family Member

Jugular massage

Post by ConstableComfortable »

I have seen this vlog and tried massaging my neck where the internal jugular veins are located (from behind the ear down toward the clavicle). I did the regions either side too in case I have any collaterals coming off the jugular.
I was diagnosed with RRMS 2 years ago and don't have any major disability so far. I have tried interferon treatment but am not on meds at the moment.
While massaging my neck on the left, with a downward motion immitating the natural flow direction, I felt a strong sensation shooting from my calves to big toes. When I changed to the right I had a sensation the full length of my left leg. I continued for 10mins or so alternating sides.
My walking after was much more fluid and I could 'feel' the floor on my feet - the wooly texture of the carpet etc. A feeling I didn't realise I had lost. I also had the deepest sleep I've had in years that night. I am continuing with the massage a couple of times a day. TRY THIS! I found it amazing.
Scanning and angioplasty will be available soon if common sense prevails.
krcmum
Getting to Know You...

Post by krcmum »

Can you give any tips on which areas of your neck you did the massage? I'd like to give it a try as I am a long way financially from being able to get the treatment although I am on the waitlist in Poland.
Thanks so much :)
ConstableComfortable
Family Member

Sure, no problem. Using the bent finger joints (inbetween knuckles and tips) I run them from behind my ear down the front of my neck, avoiding the wind pipe, ending at the collar bone (clavicle). Always using the ear as a starting point I move the position of the stroke gradually around to the shoulder line and then start back round the front again. You don't have to apply too much pressure, it's not like massaging muscles. I find that a little oil helps too.
I experiment with my neck in different positions, laying down, standing up, to see if there are different results, these things are not set in stone.

After doing the massage during the day initially, this morning I tried doing it as soon as I woke and there was a big difference for me. Good luck with your treatment in Poland and let us know how you get on with the massage.

J
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

I would also like to try the massage, but am uncertain as to the technique. Straight up and down? How much pressure? Circular motions?

Any help?
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
ConstableComfortable
Family Member

Just downward, straight strokes with 'medium' pressure. 'Medium', if you take a full-on thai massage as 'hard' and a gentle finger tip massage as 'soft'. Like I say, experiment with it and observe any pains/sensations that come up.
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

ConstableComfortable,

I am delighted you are having success with the neck massages and would love to see that it is a potential for relief.

I just want to add that I remember this topic being discussed earlier this year on TIMS but cannot find where. Point is the conclusion was that it could be dangerous.

I wish I could track it for you but I am just not good at finding old topics etc. but suggest you have a look if possible to make sure you are not causing any problems.

All the best,
Drury
ConstableComfortable
Family Member

Thanks for the heads up Drury.

I did a Google search and found a discussion on here in May. This quote is from 'Cheerleader'

"Javaneen...
Looking at this thru the CCSVI prism, it really depends where your blockage is. If you have an internal jugular vein with stenosis, a neck massage in the area where collateral veins are swollen might lead to more leakage of blood into tissue, more inflammation and an increase of MS symptoms. People with azygos blockage won't be bothered as much by massages, since the veins are covered by more muscle and tissue. "

I guess if you are doing massage with both upward and downward motion there is a risk of pushing blood back up into the brain. I'm only using downward strokes effectively drawing blood away from the brain by capillary action. I'll keep doing the massage and am all too willing to retract if things start going wonky.

Thanks again[/i]
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Glad to be of help.

Drury
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

BooBear wrote:I would also like to try the massage, but am uncertain as to the technique. Straight up and down? How much pressure? Circular motions?

Any help?
No up, only down I think. Not too much pressure and not circular. I think..

I contacted the creator of the video and he said that we are to have a 'technique' video soon..
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

updateVideo!!!!!!!!

We must learn our limits. We are all something, but none of us are everything.
GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
krcmum
Getting to Know You...

Post by krcmum »

Thanks ComfortableConstable for the tips and thanks also to GuRu for letting me know that there is now an update on youtube.
:)
selkie
Family Elder

Post by selkie »

Hi all,

I'm glad to read people getting relief with this - I just wanted to add one caveat - I knew a man who had a stroke because of a chiropractic adjustment to his neck. Apparently the adjustment dislodged plaques (that were already there, true) and this caused a stroke.

I assume those plaques were in his carotids, not jugulars, but my doctor - who is very holistic and does cranial sacral massage, was adamant to me that manipulating the neck is dangerous for reasons like that. I would especially worry about people whose blood may have a tendency to clot - what happens if those clots are dislodged by the massage and go to the heart? Is that a real concern or not? I don't know.

But I do think it underscores the importance of being very, very gentle with your veins if you're going to try this - and maybe ask your doctor first if it's safe.
ConstableComfortable
Family Member

There was a good tip given on the YouTube comments from a phelbotomist, that you should drink lots of water an hour before (to increase vein 'turgidity') and take an aspirin, thinning the blood to help things along. It'd makes sense I guess?
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Drury wrote:ConstableComfortable,

I am delighted you are having success with the neck massages and would love to see that it is a potential for relief.

I just want to add that I remember this topic being discussed earlier this year on TIMS but cannot find where. Point is the conclusion was that it could be dangerous.

I wish I could track it for you but I am just not good at finding old topics etc. but suggest you have a look if possible to make sure you are not causing any problems.

All the best,
Drury
Here is the post
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993