heading to delhi, india

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
kiwee
Family Member

heading to delhi, india

Post by kiwee »

wanted to let everyone know that i'll be heading to delhi, india for the ccsvi treatment on September 17th, 2010.
for background information on me, please see;
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-13084-.html

the procedure will be done at the fortis hospital in noida (a province of delhi) by dr. vikas gupta.
quite a few people have been asking me why india?
i am going to take a moment to outline my reasoning;
the more and more i have researched the ccsvi treatment, i have realized that the procedure is only half the battle, the care before, during and after the procedure is crucial to the success of it.
scans via doppler and mrv are done prior to the procedure to clearly identify the issues. once the procedure begins, the ballooning commences and the surgeon watches how the vein reacts to it. if the vein repeatedly collapses (after 2-3 attempts, a stent is put in. once completed, there is a 3-4 day period of which you are in the hospital recovering.
leaving the hospital, you are sent to a hotel for a period of 7 days which is due to the program's no fly time to help the body in healing and avoiding clotting.
during this time massage is done, health counseling and physio.
the day before leaving india, you head back to the hospital for another round of scans. providing all is well, you are given your file and discharged.
the flight is lengthy. 9 hours to frankfurt, germany, overnight at the sheraton (connected to the airport) then on to india (another 9 hours).
(this is all information based on questions i have asked the organizers and have confirmed by 5 of the patients i have spoken to over the telephone).
please my ms brothers and sisters, give me food for thought. questions/comments?
i am really excited, this has been a whirlwind of a decision.
started a facebook group (can't access from work and will be posting link later). i hope those of you who are members will join the group. i will be doing video updates daily while in india.
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Good luck, Kiwee and Welcome to India!!!
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
sydney2000

Travel to Inda for surgical procedures

Post by sydney2000 »

Please be aware of a new class of superbug being carried from India and Pakistan by patients, NDM1. New class of superbug that is very antibiotic resistant.
Please be careful when traveling outside the country for medical care. Research all the risks.
Best of luck.
selkie
Family Elder

Post by selkie »

Kiwee, best of luck and the best of all possible outcomes.

Sydney is right however about the super bug, which has spread first from India & now in other countries. I don't think it's in the U.S. - yet. I'm going to post a link to the article in another thread.
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

yep, been looking into it. bloody scarey!
thanks for the heads up sydney!
sydney2000

super bug

Post by sydney2000 »

Oh, you are welcome. Feel well :)
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

less than 2 weeks............. ugh, the time is killing me, but i am enjoying knowing that something good is coming......... hopefully.
seeva
Family Elder

Re: heading to delhi, india

Post by seeva »

kiwee wrote:wanted to let everyone know that i'll be heading to delhi, india for the ccsvi treatment on September 17th, 2010.
for background information on me, please see;
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-13084-.html

the procedure will be done at the fortis hospital in noida (a province of delhi) by dr. vikas gupta.
quite a few people have been asking me why india?
i am going to take a moment to outline my reasoning;
the more and more i have researched the ccsvi treatment, i have realized that the procedure is only half the battle, the care before, during and after the procedure is crucial to the success of it.
scans via doppler and mrv are done prior to the procedure to clearly identify the issues. once the procedure begins, the ballooning commences and the surgeon watches how the vein reacts to it. if the vein repeatedly collapses (after 2-3 attempts, a stent is put in. once completed, there is a 3-4 day period of which you are in the hospital recovering.
leaving the hospital, you are sent to a hotel for a period of 7 days which is due to the program's no fly time to help the body in healing and avoiding clotting.
during this time massage is done, health counseling and physio.
the day before leaving india, you head back to the hospital for another round of scans. providing all is well, you are given your file and discharged.
the flight is lengthy. 9 hours to frankfurt, germany, overnight at the sheraton (connected to the airport) then on to india (another 9 hours).
(this is all information based on questions i have asked the organizers and have confirmed by 5 of the patients i have spoken to over the telephone).
please my ms brothers and sisters, give me food for thought. questions/comments?
i am really excited, this has been a whirlwind of a decision.
started a facebook group (can't access from work and will be posting link later). i hope those of you who are members will join the group. i will be doing video updates daily while in india.
HI FRIEND please give us the contact details and the cost in INDIA
regards
seeva :roll:
danegirl
Family Member

Post by danegirl »

Kiwee, what is the facebook URL, you refer to?

I am booked for India in November.
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

http://www.surgicaltourism.ca/
they have a few different pricing package options. lots of different variables. pricing can range from about 15-20k can. yasmeen sayeed is the contact there.
i'll post up the fb link when i get home tonight.
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

today is my last day of work.
co-workers are taking me out for a 'good luck' lunch. all the loose ends are tied up here at work, so today will be a wind down day.
next week is shopping for the trip, errands, winding down and time with the wife and kids.
my dad who is making the journey with me lives in trinidad and will be coming up to toronto on monday (13th) and we leave for india on saturday (18th).
found out through surgical tourism that my package has been sent out to me (tickets, visa, trip info.) and that i am going to be in the first set of patients to be treated. we get in qround 1230 (their time) monday morning, go to the hotel, sleep for a bit then off to the hospital. so i should be liberated within the first few days.
stay tuned...........
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

as promised.........

Facebook Page
<shortened url>
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

hey guys, here is a direct link to my youtube channel.
you can check out my first 2 vids.............
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwee33
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Travel to Inda for surgical procedures

Post by NHE »

Here's something to be aware of when traveling to India for medical care.

Drug-resistant superbugs reach 3 states

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... erm14.html

An infectious-disease nightmare is unfolding: Bacteria that have been made resistant to virtually all antibiotics by an alarming new gene have sickened people in three states and are popping up around the world, health officials reported Monday.

The U.S. cases — one each in California, Illinois and Massachusetts — and two others in Canada all involve people who recently had received medical care in India, where the problem is widespread. A British medical journal revealed the risk last month in an article describing dozens of cases in Britain in people who had gone to India for medical procedures.

How many deaths the gene may have caused is unknown; there is no central tracking of such cases. The gene mostly has been found in bacteria that cause gut or urinary infections.

Scientists long have feared this — a very adaptable gene that hitches onto many types of common germs and confers broad drug resistance, creating dangerous "superbugs."

In India, several kinds of bacteria are spreading that carry a gene called NDM-1, which makes a carbapenem-destroying enzyme. Carbapenems are key antibiotic weapons against these "Gram-negative" bacteria, which already are challenging to treat.

Infectious-disease experts have described the situation as a potential nightmare scenario in which other bacteria acquire the gene, rendering an entire class of antibiotics useless against them.

...the article continues at the above link.
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

^^^^^^^ thanks.
if you look above to sydney's post, it was already mentioned.
it is a huge worry, but when it comes to the 'superbug', i'll leave it in god's hands.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”