Low Blood pressure issues post angioplasty.....anyone else?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
pinksapphire
Family Member

Low Blood pressure issues post angioplasty.....anyone else?

Post by pinksapphire »

Has anyone experienced low blood pressure after having angioplasty? I always had a perfect BP prior to the procedure.
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

how long have you had ms? physically active?
perhaps your heart became accustomed to the restricted flow......
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

Hi kiwee,

I've had MS for 16 years. I haven't been active prior to the procedure because of fatigue. I was fine for almost 3 months post procedure, then my BP was continuously low....so low at times I have to lay down or I'll pass out.
Cortisol levels were checked...blood work came back fine. I haven't heard of anyone else that has had the procedure with this problem.
Just worried. :?
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

id say your heart has to 'catch up'
give it another 2 months.
you are not losing blood anywhere and blood just can't vanish. have you checked your heart rate? do you know off hand what it was before?
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

My heart rate is up and down but within normal range. My BP on the other hand is quite low for me. Saw my doctor yesterday and he is referring me to a cardiologist plus I see my vascular surgeon on Monday.

He also says that the procedure wouldn't have an effect like this on my BP. The amount of blood that was freed to flow wasn't that significant to make this change with my BP.
Still digging for an answer.....at least we are starting to cross off possible causes and move on to the next.
Just not a lot of fun waiting, putting my life on hold again. :(
Onthelake
Family Member

Post by Onthelake »

Hi pinksapphire, I also have perfect BP, scheduled for procedure on November 1. Will let you know if I have any problems...hope you find a solution and feel better.
Onthelake

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.  Stephen L.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

Lyon wrote:I do remember someone else posting low blood pressure after CCSVI treatment....maybe 4 months ago? but I can't remember who it was now and I don't remember hearing any more about it since.
Can you remember what topic it was under? I would love to talk to this person. I will do some searching and see if I can find them.
I am desperate for an answer.

Thanks for letting me know.
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

Thanks you Onthelake :)
I appreciate it.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

No Lyon, this is the first time I spoke of this in here...so no worries of a stupid mistake. :)
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Gibbledygook has has very low blood pressure after the procedure, but she was also pregnant, and I think she has a twisted stent....check in the regimen forum for her posts. And she noted that cocoa really affected her BP as well. My husband had and still has very low BP after the procedure...I think maybe you have unresolved blockage.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Why, you are very welcome Lyon.
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

whyRwehere wrote:Gibbledygook has has very low blood pressure after the procedure, but she was also pregnant, and I think she has a twisted stent....check in the regimen forum for her posts. And she noted that cocoa really affected her BP as well. My husband had and still has very low BP after the procedure...I think maybe you have unresolved blockage.

Thanks for the info.
I dont have any of my symptoms back. Not MS fatigue, just tired from low BP. I felt great for 3 months post procedure, then it came back....? I don't understand that. Does your husband have any other blockages or did his symptoms come back?