Ridiculous U.S. medical research

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
bretzke
Family Member

Ridiculous U.S. medical research

Post by bretzke »

$800,000 of U.S. Economic Stimulus money was spent on genital washing research in Africa.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/75198

How can we get some $ for CCSVI research?[/url]
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Well lets see:
1)Our government has run up a $13 trillion national debt, equal to $42000 for every man, woman and child in the country.
2) Plus they have $45 trillion in unfunded future liabilities.
3) The former Comptroller General, David Walker, spent the last few years of his term trying to run up a red flag about our debt problems. He went so far as to say it could bankrupt America if we don't do something. So how did our government respond?
During W's last year in office he ran up a record deficit of $450 billion.
Not to be outdone, Obama tripled that to $1.4 trillion, in his first year. Similar deficits are expected for 2010 and 2011.

So if you expect fiscal responsibility from our government... forget it.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

don't have to spend any money to study and get answers as to where the problems are and basically always was it- is excelling rapidly everywhere-IT'S CALLED GREED. control and greed. look at the resistance and control when it comes to our health if it's not their idea. scarey! if we all had a pinch of our tax dollars wasted we'd be sitting pretty. i'm not picking or chooseing politically it's just the greed and control that exist about everywhere every country every place that has humans. scarey,but true. shouldn't be this way what a shame.
concerned

Post by concerned »

yes, i can see why giving under a million dollars to a university and thereby creating jobs all going towards trying to fight a disease that kills two million people a year in africa would be a really bad idea.

EDIT: CNS news, great organization... you know, for right-wing extremists.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... rch_Center
Last edited by concerned on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

bretzke, really i get the point it is not about american's not being compassionate and not trying to save lives. the ordinary citizens pay the most in taxes, fight the wars and when there is a disaster we voluntarily give and help big time.

but with our country in the shape it's in with really important problems that they choose to ignore like ccsvi research or adult stem cell here and much more. not to mention health programs for elderly and disabled
people like us with ms are on the brink of disaster. sexual disease on the rise here. then you read this!!!!

hey if they were collecting money for something in africa or elsewhere that they were going to make sure that any man that raped "which a lot of the times that is what happens" especially in africa and spreads aids "THAT HE WOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE CASTRATED" they wouldn't have to steal my tax dollars i'd give them the money. think of how much safer sex would be-think of how much water and soap would be saved think of how many poor little babies that are born with aids and if they do live they are orphans. no offense guys but if it makes anybody say "oh that would be against their civil rights" or inhumane well think about it a guy with aids that is forceing himself on someone or even if willing has sex and he has aids what about everyone elses civil rights. i'll give the woman or the kids my money to help her in these situations, but to even put 1 dime toward teaching a man to wash???? this is supposed to save lives?? if any human has to be taught to clean themselves then there's a real good chance they shouldn't be making babies. SICK SICK SICK and shame on the idiot that thought this one up. we're not talking a little rash we're talking "AIDS" IT WOULD TAKE A HELL OF A LOT OF SCRUBBING!!!

l bet the comedians will have a blast with this one. really it isn't funny at all it is sickening. but-

it just goes to show that our politicians -no matter what party -they had to sign to get this stupid waste of time and money disgusting thing passed.

SO GIVE THESE GUYS THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE A LITTLE EXTRA STIMULUS AND IT'S ALL ABOUT THE "PENIS" WHAT A BUNCH OF ____ _____!!!!!!!!!
bretzke
Family Member

Post by bretzke »

concerned wrote:yes, i can see why giving under a million dollars to a university and thereby creating jobs all going towards trying to fight a disease that kills two million people a year in africa would be a really bad idea.
Spending $800,000 stimulus money to research whether or not it's a good idea for uncircumcised African men to clean themselves up after sex is a really bad idea. UCLA has received a total of $12 million in research to counsel and promote AIDS screening in Africa as part of this program.

Too bad we can't get a small piece of this pie to do some "honest" CCSVI research here in the U.S..
concerned

Re: ccsvi

Post by concerned »

blossom wrote: hey if they were collecting money for something in africa or elsewhere that they were going to make sure that any man that raped "which a lot of the times that is what happens" especially in africa and spreads aids "THAT HE WOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE CASTRATED" they wouldn't have to steal my tax dollars i'd give them the money. think of how much safer sex would be-think of how much water and soap would be saved think of how many poor little babies that are born with aids and if they do live they are orphans. no offense guys but if it makes anybody say "oh that would be against their civil rights" or inhumane well think about it a guy with aids that is forceing himself on someone or even if willing has sex and he has aids what about everyone elses civil rights. i'll give the woman or the kids my money to help her in these situations, but to even put 1 dime toward teaching a man to wash???? this is supposed to save lives?? if any human has to be taught to clean themselves then there's a real good chance they shouldn't be making babies. SICK SICK SICK and shame on the idiot that thought this one up. we're not talking a little rash we're talking "AIDS" IT WOULD TAKE A HELL OF A LOT OF SCRUBBING!!!

I find this post to be horribly offensive and rooted in racism.

People aren't going to stop cheating on there wives and seeing prostitutes (and no, not all men from africa rape) anywhere in the world ever. If the catholic church won't let them wear condoms, and it is harder for men to get aids, and if washing their penis in this I can only assume special way can prevent some of them from getting aids, and prevent them from passing it on to their families, maybe that's good. Remember, it's estimated that 2 million people in the world have MS. 2 million people in AFRICA DIE OF AIDS EVERY YEAR.

Here's a short film by one of my favorite newish directors:
Last edited by concerned on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

I guess the message here is to take care of home first.

If there is a pot of money then spend it on those who need it the most at home too. Not all it,but some of it should be spent on worthy causes at home. Learning about MS and how to improve the lives of 2 million is a very worthy cause.

MS might not be death but its not the best of lives when its so damned unpredictable.
concerned

Post by concerned »

Daisy3 wrote:I guess the message here is to take care of home first.

If there is a pot of money then spend it on those who need it the most at home too. Not all it,but some of it should be spent on worthy causes at home. Learning about MS and how to improve the lives of 2 million is a very worthy cause.

MS might not be death but its not the best of lives when its so damned unpredictable.
I could see your point IF we didn't have such a history of generating wealth at africas expense, and if that history didn't span to the present. We live in a global economy where the whole of the globe spends a good deal of their time generating wealth for US. It's hard to say 'look out for our people first' when we employ, or at least enslave, the whole world, or at least the whole third world.

Also, this isn't a normal penis washing procedure, as studies have shown that washing the penis immediately after sex increases your risk of getting HIV. If this technique can save peoples lives, then what's the big deal?
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

The point is 12 million( is that the figure mentioned earlier?)

That's a lot of money. Spending some of it on other excellent causes at home are not a bad idea either.

You are right that seeing as the US has made money enslaved/made money out of the African nations, they should do something about it. Doing something about it can be done possibly for less cash?

I can understand from a sufferers perspective how it seems unfair that so much money is spent elsewhere and not on them. Don't you?
concerned

Post by concerned »

It seems like at least some of the stimulus money went to helping people in the US. Also, I think only the $800 000 for this part in particular was paid with stimulus money.

Healthcare

More than 11% of the total bill is allocated to help states with Medicaid
Total: $155.1 billion [42]
$86.8 billion for Medicaid
$25.8 billion for health information technology investments and incentive payments
$25.1 billion to provide a 65 percent subsidy of health care insurance premiums for the unemployed under the COBRA program
$10 billion for health research and construction of National Institutes of Health facilities
$2 billion for Community Health Centers
$1.3 billion for construction of military hospitals (military)
$1.1 billion to study the comparative effectiveness of healthcare treatments
$1 billion for prevention and wellness
$1 billion for the Veterans Health Administration
$500 million for healthcare services on Indian reservations
$300 million to train healthcare workers in the National Health Service Corps
$202 million for a temporary moratorium for certain medicare regulations
nicknewf
Family Member

Post by nicknewf »

Please explain the relevance to the CCSVI forum?
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

David1949 wrote:Well lets see:
1)Our government has run up a $13 trillion national debt, equal to $42000 for every man, woman and child in the country.
2) Plus they have $45 trillion in unfunded future liabilities.
3) The former Comptroller General, David Walker, spent the last few years of his term trying to run up a red flag about our debt problems. He went so far as to say it could bankrupt America if we don't do something. So how did our government respond?
During W's last year in office he ran up a record deficit of $450 billion.
Not to be outdone, Obama tripled that to $1.4 trillion, in his first year. Similar deficits are expected for 2010 and 2011.

So if you expect fiscal responsibility from our government... forget it.
Not to relevant to the CCSVI formu. Let's not confuse herds of buffo with a fly. We have spent a trillion dollars on Iraq already. If my math is right 10 million would be 0.001% of just that amount, and the purpose would be to return millions or at least hundreds of thousands to more productive (taxpaying and not tax consuming) lives.

Back to the CCSVI fourm.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

this topic has nothing to do with ccsvi but then again it has everything to do with it. why??? because it's been talked about a lot here about getting "money" for ccsvi research etc. how many of us wrote to the white house hoping they would respond-maybe acknoledge we exist at least look into ccsvi? or off the topic again-adult stem cells and much more. no, we gotta spread our wealth and put ourselves in jeopardy and debt traveling to get help that should be available right here.

i don't give a damn if they would be funding this stupid stupid penis cleaning in "whatever country" or even here. aren't humans supposed to take some responsibility wherever they are from? having sex is a choice unless you are raped or live in a country where women don't have much of a choice. and if you do your homework this is a sad truth.

our country is not the only country that made some money off of poorer countries. it's been going on since the beginning of time. we were a rich nation and we have spread our wealth too. i feel there are a lot of people in power right here in our country that has gotten plenty rich from us ordinary "joe" taxpayers. but we are in big trouble and if somebody doesn't get a grip pretty soon and get their priorties in order we will be a third world county. and i wonder if there will be a rush of sympathy and help sent our way from all the countries we have helped. maybe they'll give us a bar of soap and show us how to clean a penis.

then there is some prejudice detectedhere!!! so be it that i am prejudice when it comes to doing what is right. i'm prejudice that i feel i worked all my life, still paying taxes, am in a position that they are playing with my money that i'm counting on to help me now that i need help or any of us that are in this position not by choice like having sex is. a lot of us have to come up with the money to pay someone to wash our butt because we are not physically able to. AND THEN I READ THAT THEY ARE TAKING ONE PENNY OF MY TAX DOLLARS TO TEACH SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR PENIS AFTER SEX!! SICK SICK SICK AND WRONG. just think of all the other crap going on they haven't even printed.

then someone detects i'm prejudice????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel it is very prejudice that they aren't looking into and spending money on treatments like ccsvi, ctos, chiropractics and other alternative care that would help not just us but many people. oh, i forgot there is not as much shifting and fliping and paying kickbacks with things like this. GREED GREED GREED. SPECIAL INTEREST. ETC. so if what is right is expected then i am guilty of being prejudice. l'm very prejudice when it comes to just doing what is right and having some common sence.

but not to worry, when we're sitting here stone broke and (ccsvi and other worth while research is ignored) the ones responsible for spending money and thinking up this stupid thing can proudly say--------------------

LOOK PEOPLE WE MANAGED TO IGNORE OUR OWN BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE GOOD WE'VE DONE-------------WE TAUGHT THESE GUYS HOW TO WASH THEIR PENIS--SEE HOW IT SPARKLES--MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL WEAR A TIE CLIP OR "ERECT" A MONUMENT REPRESENTING THIS GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Re: ccsvi

Post by HappyPoet »

blossom wrote:
our country is not the only country that made some money off of poorer countries. it's been going on since the beginning of time. we were a rich nation and we have spread our wealth too. i feel there are a lot of people in power right here in our country that has gotten plenty rich from us ordinary "joe" taxpayers. but we are in big trouble and if somebody doesn't get a grip pretty soon and get their priorties in order we will be a third world county. and i wonder if there will be a rush of sympathy and help sent our way from all the countries we have helped. maybe they'll give us a bar of soap and show us how to clean a penis.

then there is some prejudice detectedhere!!! so be it that i am prejudice when it comes to doing what is right. i'm prejudice that i feel i worked all my life, still paying taxes, am in a position that they are playing with my money that i'm counting on to help me now that i need help or any of us that are in this position not by choice like having sex is. a lot of us have to come up with the money to pay someone to wash our butt because we are not physically able to. AND THEN I READ THAT THEY ARE TAKING ONE PENNY OF MY TAX DOLLARS TO TEACH SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR PENIS AFTER SEX!! SICK SICK SICK AND WRONG. just think of all the other crap going on they haven't even printed.

then someone detects i'm prejudice????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel it is very prejudice that they aren't looking into and spending money on treatments like ccsvi, ctos, chiropractics and other alternative care that would help not just us but many people. oh, i forgot there is not as much shifting and fliping and paying kickbacks with things like this. GREED GREED GREED. SPECIAL INTEREST. ETC. so if what is right is expected then i am guilty of being prejudice. l'm very prejudice when it comes to just doing what is right and having some common sence.

but not to worry, when we're sitting here stone broke and (ccsvi and other worth while research is ignored) the ones responsible for spending money and thinking up this stupid thing can proudly say--------------------

LOOK PEOPLE WE MANAGED TO IGNORE OUR OWN BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE GOOD WE'VE DONE-------------WE TAUGHT THESE GUYS HOW TO WASH THEIR PENIS--SEE HOW IT SPARKLES--MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL WEAR A TIE CLIP OR "ERECT" A MONUMENT REPRESENTING THIS GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!
Ditto