Appointment dates for Albany Community Care

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Donnchadh wrote:
Trish317 wrote: We're American and my darling man's procedure was covered by his insurance.
If you don't mind my asking, how is he doing post-op?

Donnchadh
He feels that he has more energy but, unfortunately, he doesn't think there have been any other changes.
longman111
Getting to Know You...

Re: Appointment Date

Post by longman111 »

Cece wrote:
longman111 wrote:The breakdown percentages came from Doctor Mandato. I would hope that after 300 patients that their procedures would be consistent. If they are then what would the underlying difference be between the 3 group breakdown?
That's the big question, isn't it? I'd say permanent nerve damage too, but then I'd expect them to be seeing a pattern there.
It could be that permanent nerve damage can happen in any type at any time. I really don't know but my wife is living it so she will be another statistic for ccsvi treatment shortly. She is ppms and about a 7-7.5 on the edss scale.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

wishing her the best, longman
vivavie
Family Elder

Post by vivavie »

Any data concerning their re-stenosis rate? People treated in Albany before August must have had their follow up.
bruce123
Family Elder

Post by bruce123 »

rbc0407 wrote on Thursday, Oct. 28
I got the call at 11:00 am this morning. I'm scheduled for November 30th-I called on July 19th...say a prayer please
I will pray for you.

Bruce.

PS. Based on your appointment date I assume that your procedure is covered by insurance?
rcb0407

Albany

Post by rcb0407 »

The person that called me was not a medical one; I will be getting a call from both a nurse and Dr. Englander, who is doing the procedure. I already have a list ofquestions given to me by my neuro-he's trying to protect me-and I will post as soon as I have answers.

They are calling my insurance; I am also calling to see exactly what the benefit will be.
katta

appointment date

Post by katta »

to rcb0407 Are you american and have insurance?
I called July 13 and haven't heard anything.
I'm canadian
Bobbi
Family Member

Post by Bobbi »

Katta ... Welcome aboard.
There are many of us, Canadian & American, who are waiting on the 'wait list' to get shorter. I am in the same boat as you, called July 19th ... email confirmation that I am on the 'list'. It seems that Canadians in late May are being called now, whether for cancelled places or regular times, with dates for December.
Keep checking in ...
Cheers, Bobbi
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-Tzu
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

Hi folks,

have been checking in from time to time to see how things are going. Congratulations to those who have their appt. I saw a post listing the prices for the treatment. Does anyone know if the cost of the stents have gone up from the previous stated $ 2000.00?? Our initial call was June 1st. but still have not heard anything other than maybe Dec./Jan. Trying to be patient.

Guider.
Live to the fullest; Love passionately; Laugh contagiously!
naychergirl
Family Member

Re: Albany

Post by naychergirl »

rcb0407 wrote:The person that called me was not a medical one; I will be getting a call from both a nurse and Dr. Englander, who is doing the procedure. I already have a list ofquestions given to me by my neuro-he's trying to protect me-and I will post as soon as I have answers.

They are calling my insurance; I am also calling to see exactly what the benefit will be.
Dr. Englander did my proceedure on 10/8, and she is a peach! I feel she did an awesome job and my insurance covered the proceedure. I have an HMO, and they are tough nuts to crack! What are your questions? Maybe I can help with them. My neurologist was against me having the proceedure, and I can't wait to see him in November to show him the progress I have made. And the best part is I'm still getting stronger every day!
MS_HOPE
Family Elder

Post by MS_HOPE »

rcb0407, are you willing to share the list of questions posed by your neurologist? This would be VERY helpful!

I've accumulated a list of my own questions, while I wait for the call from Albany, but haven't seen a neurologist in over five years. (After trying three different ones, who had nothing helpful to offer me, I took an alternative route to managing my MS.)

Many thanks for sharing whatever you can.

PS If it's easier to send as an email or attachment, you may pm me and I'll give you my email address.

Liz
CCSVI:  Making Sense of MS
Bobbi
Family Member

Post by Bobbi »

MS_HOPE .... Can you post your list of questions? It would be most benificial to all of us ... I'm sure.
Thanks
Bobbi
Issy
Getting to Know You...

CCSVI APPOINTMENT IN ALBANY, NY.

Post by Issy »

:) HELLO CCSVI MSers, I PHONED THE CLINIC ON OCT. 22, AND GOT A TELEPHONE REPLY AND SUBSEQUENT E-MAIL ON OCT.25. I WAS TOLD THAT MY APPOINTMENT WOULD BE WELL INTO 2011. SO I,M NOT CERTAIN WHEN IT WILL BE? I'M JUST HAPPY THAT I'M ON THE LIST!!
Bobbi
Family Member

Post by Bobbi »

Thanks for sharing Issy. Keep in touch. Bobbi
javabean
Family Member

Post by javabean »

Does anyone know how the "referral" process for the treatment in Albany works? One of the patient coordinators wanted the name of my GP, which I don't have -- long story --it's like a teaching practice so the docs rotate. I gave her the name of my neuro who is not on board with the treatment. Does Albany talk to the doc or just need a name to bill for insurance?
Thanks