Hotels near Dr Siskins' clinic on TROY SCHENECTADY Rd.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
lazydean
Getting to Know You...

Hotels near Dr Siskins' clinic on TROY SCHENECTADY Rd.

Post by lazydean »

There 5-6 hotels near by the clinic. The Best Western on 200 Wolf Road looks to clean and close. Any thoughts

Thanx, Dean
happy_canuck
Family Elder

Post by happy_canuck »

We stayed at La Quinta, which is just a few minutes away (need a car or cab to get to the clinic). You can hear airport noise from probably all nearby hotels, but Albany is not a super-busy airport so that didn't bother me. I know the hotel included a breakfast buffet, but I can honestly say I was so excited about getting treated I forget everything about it!

One bedroom suite was a good size.

GOOD LUCK!!

Sandra
National CCSVI Society: <strong><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/44znbct">http://tiny ... 44znbct</a> ~Website<br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/3wzmkmg">http://tiny ... 3wzmkmg</a> ~Facebook</strong><br />
JCB
Family Elder

Post by JCB »

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which is connected to the Medical Center. The room was clean, skyway to the Medical Center. Front desk was not overly helpful, just make sure you contact them about the airport shuttle as soon as you book your airline tickets, and book your return shuttle when you check in. That was the only hassle we had, the shuttle drivers were great and if you can talk to them w/out going thru the front desk you will be much further ahead. They are very accommodating.
newfie-girl
Family Member

Post by newfie-girl »

We stayed at the Best Western, on Wolf Rd, our stay there was very enjoyable, free full buffet breakfast, free shuttle service to and from the airport and around the area within reason, (ofcourse) :) the drivers were amazing, but if you stay there Arnel and John were exceptional, we highly recommend it :lol: OH :lol: almost forgot, check out expedia.com, the rates at that time were amazing($69 per/n) we were there on Aug.23-27, Good Luck
lazydean
Getting to Know You...

Post by lazydean »

Thank You all! That hotel stuff was the last thing major thing I needed to finalize on my trek to hopefully subdueing this beast. I am sooooo excited about this procedure. After 3 decades maybe......just maybe some relief. MAYBE
My date is in November and I hope I don't lose it!

MINOR THING-----locating a place that rents hoyer lifts.

WoW..........I just cannot believe something positive MIGHT occur.....MIGHT.
buttercup2

Post by buttercup2 »

Stayed at Marriott residence in in an accessible room by airport It was 60. on Priceline. It is 5 min by car to clinic. Hotel very nice and includes breakfast annd a light dinner with beer or wine. Great staff. Great hotel
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Albany airport?
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

buttercup2 wrote:Stayed at Marriott residence in in an accessible room by airport It was 60. on Priceline. It is 5 min by car to clinic. Hotel very nice and includes breakfast annd a light dinner with beer or wine. Great staff. Great hotel
Can you get room service only at certain times-what were the times?

Also how accessible were the rooms? I'm in a wheelchair 24/7 and so am concerned about such things as the bed height and also the bathroom...how was it?
buttercup2

Post by buttercup2 »

At Res. Inn I was in a studio. I use a scooter 24/7 the bathroom had a tub with bars but plenty of room in bathroom. I had no trouble getting in or out of bed. It is of normal height. I believe hotel also has 1 bedrooms accessible. I don't believe there is room service but comp breakfast was 630 - 800 and comp lt dinner was 600 - 800 pm I believe

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”