Turbotaguy HAS BEEN LIBERATED!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

turbotaguy wrote:I feel "different" also, I can't explain it.
I know what you mean lol.

Excellent report, glad to see you got out with just an angio. Hope the follow up looks good and you head on home.

I'm just a little curious about one thing, and it's just quibbling mind you, but why do they do the shaving in the OR? Would seem to be the opposite of what one would want in an OR. Like I said, just quibbling, nothing more.

Keep us all updated on your progress or condition.

Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
turbotaguy
Family Member

Post by turbotaguy »

LOL...I'm not sure why they did the shaving in the O.R. It was quick with an electric, I guess I didn't give it much thought.

I still feel great. I spent the last couple of days hanging out in NYC visiting friends. I walked the town yesterday all day and all night. I had great energy and feel really good (except my feet hurt!). I'm sooo glad I did this.

I have a different perspective than many folks on this forum. I feel that this treatment (CCSVI) is a component of the MS puzzle, not the "end all" (just my opinion). I plan to continue my Copaxone, my vegan diet, and my avoiding of things that I know are triggers for me.

I plan to fight MS aggressively with all the weapons that are available to me for as long as I can! We all need to stay positive and take as much control of our lives as possible!

Ok, with all that brave talk I need to find my binky and head to bed, I'm tired!
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Glad to hear it was a success. Glad to meet another vegan too. There's a fair few vegans here! We all win, the animals, the patients, the neuros and the IRs. One big happy family! But, anyway, glad it's gone well.
turbotaguy
Family Member

Post by turbotaguy »

One more comment on my experience - We are all on edge about CCSVI and getting the procedure done. I myself have been trying to get it done since last year. When it finally came time to get the venogram and the angioplasty it was extremely routine. Boringly routine if you know what I mean. Also, the initials MS barely came up over the whole process.

To all those still waiting to get this done - hang in there.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”